Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RedCard is becoming Target Circle Card

tag
okurosetta
Frequent Contributor

RedCard is becoming Target Circle Card

Received the screenshot below in an e-mail today. Looks like a change in name only for the cards - still appears to be debit, credit, and reloadable store-only versions as well as a Mastercard that can be used elsewhere.

Also looks to somewhat line up with their Target Circle 360 launching April 7, which is an alternative to Walmart+  / Amazon Prime offering same-day shipping included for Target and other Shipt retailers with a $35 minimum order. There is a $99 yearly fee that is $49 for the first year for Target RedCard / Circle Card holders if one signs up by May 18 for Target RedCard / Circle Card holders (see terms below) -or- if one signs up by May 18 (see second screenshot).

From terms below: "Subject to the terms and conditions of the membership. $99 annual membership fee discounted to $49 when you have a Target Circle Card (credit, debit and reloadable) saved to your Target account. Cannot be applied to previous purchases or combined with other promotions. See Target.com/circle for more details."

RedCard to Circle Card.jpg

Okay, so here's the fine print:

1 5% Target Circle™ Card Discount: You will receive 5% off purchases paid for with your Target Circle Card (debit, credit, and reloadable) at Target stores and Target.com, except on prescriptions and other CVS pharmacy products; Target GiftCards; Visa, Mastercard and American Express prepaid cards; Game On, DraftKings and other sports betting gift cards; Starbucks gift cards purchased at Starbucks locations within Target stores; previous purchases; clinic services at Target; Target Optical eye exams and protection plans; Target Circle 360™ memberships; Shipt memberships; alcohol purchases in IN; some independent businesses in Target stores; wireless protection programs and mobile carrier deposits; gift wrapping services; and taxes, shipping, delivery, handling and all other fees or charges. 5% discount applies to eligible purchases minus any other discounts and the value of any promotional Target GiftCards received in the transaction. New cards subject to application approval. Additional restrictions apply. See full program rules in store or at Target.com/CircleCard for details.

2 2-Day Shipping: Use your Target Circle Card (debit, credit, and reloadable) & get free 2day shipping. Eligible items will be noted on the product detail page, in cart & at check out. See Target.com/2dayshipping for details.

3 Target Circle™ Card Extended Returns: When you make purchases with your Target Circle Card (debit, credit, and reloadable) at Target stores or Target.com, you will receive 30 additional days to return the purchases beyond the standard return policy applicable to each of the purchased items. Target Circle Card extended returns do not apply to Target Optical products, contract mobile phones non-returnable items and online purchases of SNAP eligible items using EBT and a Target Circle Card. See program rules in store or at Target.com/CircleCard for details.

4 Subject to the terms and conditions of the membership. $99 annual membership fee discounted to $49 when you have a Target Circle Card (credit, debit and reloadable) saved to your Target account. Cannot be applied to previous purchases or combined with other promotions. See Target.com/circle for more details.

5 Target Circle 360™ membership required. Subject to terms and conditions. Applies to orders over $35.

Target Circle™ Card: Target Debit Card, Target Credit Card, Target™ Mastercard®, and Target Circle Card Account (Target Circle Card Reloadable Account). Subject to application approval and identity verification. The Target Circle debit card is issued by Target Corporation. The Target Circle credit cards (Target Credit Card and Target Mastercard) are issued by TD Bank USA, N.A. Mastercard is a registered trademark of Mastercard International, Inc. Target Circle Card Account is a demand deposit account established by Pathward®, N.A., Member FDIC, and card is issued by Pathward pursuant to a license from Visa U.S.A. Inc. Card can be used everywhere Visa debit cards are accepted. Funds are FDIC insured, subject to applicable limitations and restrictions, when we receive the funds deposited to your account.

Target Circle 360.jpg

RIP P2
Future P2 Future Chopping Block
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
keekers
Valued Contributor

Re: RedCard is becoming Target Circle Card

Thanks for sharing.

Message 2 of 10
ptatohed
Valued Contributor

Thank you!  

5% CB rotating: ;
Everyday 3% CB: ;
Everyday 5%: ;
Companion Card: ;
Everyday 2.2% CB: ;
Retired to sock drawer after AOD (kept alive w/ 1 purchase every 6 mo): ;
On my radar: ;
Still Waiting for an Invite: ;
No hope:
Message 3 of 10
CorpCrMgr1
Valued Contributor

Thank you for sharing.

Message 4 of 10
Drifter73
Established Contributor

Thanks for sharing, I got the same email. My hopes are that they will upgrade older Target redcard holders to the Mastercard versions earlier than usual that have lower than $4k limits in this transition,  since they'll be issuing new cards on expiry anyways.

Wishful thinking. 😀

Message 5 of 10
phantasm
Contributor

@Drifter73 wrote:

Thanks for sharing, I got the same email. My hopes are that they will upgrade older Target redcard holders to the Mastercard versions earlier than usual that have lower than $4k limits in this transition,  since they'll be issuing new cards on expiry anyways.

Wishful thinking. 😀

Same here. I've been updating my income every 2 months since I got the card hoping one day to get out of the mediocre limit I got on signup. 

Starting Score: 800
Current Score: 836
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 10
NoMoreE46
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

Be interesting to see if TD is going to amend its ways for the MC with this refresh.  

(Data I  had collected from 2016 - 2020 has $6125 as the average CL to be offered the MC upgrade.) 

@phantasm wrote:

@Drifter73 wrote:

Wishful thinking. 😀

Same here. I've been updating my income every 2 months since I got the card hoping one day to get out of the mediocre limit I got on signup. 

Message 7 of 10
UFGuy2006
Established Contributor

Like others I was hoping this was a "Surprise! You get a MC upgrade!" Maybe one day 😆

Message 8 of 10
ptatohed
Valued Contributor

For $99/yr, they better offer something else besides 2 day ship and free grocery delivery.  WM+ is $99 ($95 when I pay with my 5% WM card) but gives a $50 Paramount+ value that we use.  And I take advantage of lower price Sam's Club gas even though I am not a Sam's member.   A few other perks too.  

5% CB rotating: ;
Everyday 3% CB: ;
Everyday 5%: ;
Companion Card: ;
Everyday 2.2% CB: ;
Retired to sock drawer after AOD (kept alive w/ 1 purchase every 6 mo): ;
On my radar: ;
Still Waiting for an Invite: ;
No hope:
Message 9 of 10
okurosetta
Frequent Contributor

@ptatohed wrote:

For $99/yr, they better offer something else besides 2 day ship and free grocery delivery.  WM+ is $99 ($95 when I pay with my 5% WM card) but gives a $50 Paramount+ value that we use.  And I take advantage of lower price Sam's Club gas even though I am not a Sam's member.   A few other perks too.  

Agreed - I don't see the Target Circle 360 service as a good value, at least personally speaking. Target RedCard / Circle Card holders already get the 2-day shipping. They also will be able to get Target Circle 360 for $49 instead of $99, so that $49 is essentially getting them free same-day delivery from Target and other Shipt retailers. Could be great for some, but I'll pass.

RIP P2
Future P2 Future Chopping Block
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.