cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replacing my Barclaycard Apple Financing card?

tag
CreditWorld2013
Frequent Contributor

Re: Replacing my Barclaycard Apple Financing card?

Responded to the PM.

Message 11 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is exactly what I am trying to do now. I was declined for the US Airways card back in May, and I just tried again last night. Got the 7-10 day message this time instead of the instant denial. I was going to recon but they aren't open on weekends. 

Hopefully they aren't just waiting for Monday morning to click "NOPE" on my application. I really need an airline miles card with all of the traveling that I'm doing for work. :/ 

(scores in sig are probably outdated)

Message 12 of 13
jritch
New Contributor

Update:

So I applied yesterday for the Ring card. I got the 10 day review message. Sure enough, receieved a call today from Barclaycard, wanted to confirm a couple things - particularly that I already had a card with them and had a recent CLI. They approved the Ring application and asked if I wanted to keep the Apple card, I initially said I wanted to combine, but he mentioned that they were going to have some 0% interest promotions with Apple for existing customers. 

He added an addtional 5k CL to my account, bringing the total Barclaycard CL to 12.5k. I've split it 10k to Ring and 2.5k to Apple card. I'd like to see what type of promotion comes to fruition. I figured I could always call and close down the line and transfer the remaining balance over.

So, in the last week: started with 3.7k CL with Apple, called and was approved for a CLI to 7.5k last Tuesday. Added an additional 5k today. Not too bad.

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.