cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sallie Mae MasterCard rewards structure changing?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sallie Mae MasterCard rewards structure changing?

I've been hearing rumors of the barclay sallie Mae 5% gas/groceries/bookstores rewards structure changing. The card is no longer available to apply for and I figured that those rewards would be too good to last forever :[ anyone have any information on this? Hopefully those that have the card will have the rewards grandfathered in like with the citi forward but seeing as what they've done to the arrival+ I wouldn't count on it unfortunately. Any responses and information would be appreciated 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Sallie Mae MasterCard rewards structure changing?

This has been discussed repeatedly in the last few weeks. The information is there's plenty of speculation, some of which is leading to unnecessary paranoia, and until Barclay says otherwise the SM rewards remain the same. Mine works as expected.

If you'd like further information I suggest calling Barclay directly.
Message 2 of 6
ddemari
Super Contributor

Agreed I have a sallie Mae. Nothing is different on my landing page regarding rewards. Nothing has been sent to me other than an email saying I'll get an emv card one day soon. Cards get taken away from public applying offers for new applicants but that to me doesn't resignate with a card closing down for members. Until u hear from Barclays don't worry.
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

The rewards and perks on our cards are always subject to change.  As of right now we have nothing concrete to suggest that SM is being changed in the near future.  At some point just like all cards it may be.  It's not in our power to do anything about it so don't worry and just use the card as normal because right now it's still the exact same. 

Message 4 of 6
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

anyone have any information on this? 

Until Barclaycard makes an official announcement we'll have nothing but speculation and rumor.

@Anonymous wrote:

I figured that those rewards would be too good to last forever

Don't expect anything to last forever in the rewards world.  As stated above, it's all subject to change.

Message 5 of 6
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

As there is no new information this thread is being closed as to not further the paranoia. Two previous threads on this had to be closed due to wild and rampant speculation that descended into nonFSR posting. I thank you for your understanding on this.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/UPDATE-Sallie-mae-is-nerfed/m-p/4255854/highlight/true#...

gdale6

myFico Moderator

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.