Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SavorOne Reporting as "Flexible Spending Credit Card"

tag
Varsity_Lu
Regular Contributor

SavorOne Reporting as "Flexible Spending Credit Card"

My new SavorOne card is listed on my TU report as  a "flexible spending credit card".  Is this correct? How does this affect my credit score?

Blue Cash PreferredBlue Cash EverydaySavorOneQuicksilverVoice RewardsCapital One 360 DebitFidelity Cash Management Debit
Capital One BankFidelity InvestmentsHuntington National Bank
FICO® 8: 780 (Eq) | 760 (Ex) | 774 (TU)
Garden Club Member Since 9/14/24

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: SavorOne Reporting as "Flexible Spending Credit Card"

That's a valid card type.  Does not impact your score one way or the other.

It's normally associated with the ability to make a purchase such that you exceed the stated credit limit on the card with the expectation you will pay down the entire amount of the overage before the current billing period ends, and if you don't you'll likely be subject to an additional fee.

(9/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 2 of 3
GZG
Valued Contributor

Re: SavorOne Reporting as "Flexible Spending Credit Card"

@Varsity_Lu wrote:

My new SavorOne card is listed on my TU report as  a "flexible spending credit card".  Is this correct? How does this affect my credit score?

in the cap1 account settings, find the account setting that lets you spend over your limit and disable it, IMO 

no reason to even risk having a balance report over your limit, lenders can cite that as a credit denial reason and I think the ability to do so is enabled by default

Starting FICO 8:
Current FICO 8:

0/6, 3/12, 10/24
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.