Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screw CHASE!!!!

tag
felixfly2000
Contributor

Re: Screw CHASE!!!!

These recent CL cuts for Chase, maybe indicative of  Chase  needing to prove solvency to the FDIC and or other government agencies. Just read a acticle about the closing rate of banks this year. Roughly one closes every 2.8 days. I know a lot of the local banks are really pushing saving deposit or CD's,  even at lhe crappy interest rates they are offering.

The funny thing is I was going to open a checking and saving account with Chase for the $125 they are offering.Now that maoney may better serve buried in the backyard or invested in gold.

Message 31 of 85
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm sorry, I can't remember all the specifics, but I did read an article yesterday pertaining to the amount of money Chase will lose from the new credit card laws.  One specific I do remember is that their president (of either the bank or cc operations) said that 15% of Chase's current customers would not be served in the future so they can shore up their liabilities.

Message 32 of 85
Anonymous
Not applicable

So what happen did they restore your CL?

Message 33 of 85
Anonymous
Not applicable

@wmarat wrote:

Credit is neither right nor privilege, credit is a product. Credit company extends credit according to certain set of conditions ( FICO score, length of history, income, eye color, accent, whatever). I as a customer have my own set of conditions to use credit (initial credit line, CLI's, APR, rewards, customer service, online banking, hold time, etc.) Besides, being thanks to myfico.com, educated customer I have an additional condition: to spend $X on credit card, my credit limit must be 10 times more than spent sum. So, if CCC wants me to spend my money using its credit card, they have to provide me with appropriate credit limit. Chase has refused to do so, which is their right. But I charge $6.00 monthly on their card, get monthly paper statement and ask for 2 replacement cards every 3 months.

@Anonymous wrote:

This won't be a popular response, and I'm prepared for the thrashing I'll get, but...

Why is it that people think they are entitled to the credit lines that they have had in the past?  Or why do they think they are entitled to a CLI?  These are private businesses that need to make decisions based on their particiular business models. No private business should be required to give credit just because somebody's a "good customer".  And before somebody starts talking "bailout", read up.  The gov't appears to be making money off their bailout investments.

To an extent, yes.  However, claims that a credit grantor is free to use any criteria they can think of is an old wives tale.

Countless individuals have used the ECOA, supported by numerous court decisions, to bring home the message that a creditor can only use criteria that is shown to accurately predict credit risk.  Unless your hypothetical credit grantor can show empirical evidence that having a certain eye color accurately predicts risk, they'd better have mighty deep pockets.

Message 34 of 85
77orange77

I recently had a decrease in credit limit with Chase as well.  I had this card with Providian, then it went to Wamu, now it is Chase.  My CL was 12K and it was slashed to $500.  I was shocked.  I have had no big changes in my credit history (it is around 750-760).  I don't make it a point to use this card all that often, but I have been an account user since 1996 and never had a late payment. 

I am also going to file a complaint. 

So what was the end redult?  Have they reinstated your CL without an credit inquiry? 

Message 35 of 85
77orange77

I called Chase and was told that they need to run a credit inquiry to reinstate my credit line.  I declined and I have filed a complaint with BBB.  I have also called the woman you suggested, Aisha, but got her voicemail.  The only reason why I care so much about this card is because it's my oldest one on my credit history. 

Message 36 of 85
Anonymous
Not applicable

@77orange77 wrote:

I recently had a decrease in credit limit with Chase as well.  I had this card with Providian, then it went to Wamu, now it is Chase.  My CL was 12K and it was slashed to $500.  I was shocked.  I have had no big changes in my credit history (it is around 750-760).  I don't make it a point to use this card all that often, but I have been an account user since 1996 and never had a late payment. 

So what was the end redult?  Have they reinstated your CL without an credit inquiry? 

12k to $500 ... sorry ...   It is better than closed, but still ....    

My heart start to beat faster every time I log in to check my accts information.

@77orange77 wrote:

I called Chase and was told that they need to run a credit inquiry to reinstate my credit line.  I declined and I have filed a complaint with BBB.  I have also called the woman you suggested, Aisha, but got her voicemail.  The only reason why I care so much about this card is because it's my oldest one on my credit history. 

I know how it's feel like.  I just had to deal with Citi to get my acct reopen on my highest CC.    So, never Give Up !!

Wishing your all ....  GOOD LUCK!!

Message 37 of 85
logowatches
Established Member

HELLO ALL THANK FOR THE INFORMATION I HAVE TWO CHASE ACCOUNTS BOTH  FORMER WAMU CARDS EXCELLENT CREDIT  ONE LINE $4,500 SLASHED TO $500.00 THE OTHER $3,500.00 SLASHED TO $500.00  NO NOTICE FOUND OUT ON LINE WHEN I PAID MY $50.00 BALANCE. CALLED CUSTOMER SERVICE SAID CREDIT NO A PROBLEM JUST CUT A LOT OF PEOPLES LINES BECAUSE OF THE TIMES. I THINK IT'S BECAUSE OF BEING A FORMER WAMU CUSTOMER. FILED A COMPLAINT TODAY ON BOTH ACCOUNTS WITH FEDERAL RESERVE .

Message 38 of 85
Anonymous
Not applicable

@77orange77 wrote:

I know this wasn't directed to me, but UPDATE:
Jessica in their Executive Office just called me now, stating she was doing so regarding my Better Business Bureau complaint, this message may be recorded, etc.  Jessica said that they could give a credit limit increase back only if they were allowed to check my credit bureau report and got verbal (her word) household income information.  Jessica said, quote, 'we just can't give a credit limit increase without a credit check.'
But you (expletives) sure could give a decrease, right?  I didn't bother to ask her to do an account review instead of a consumer initiated credit check.  Customer service reps never know what I'm talking about, or claim that they have no control over how an inquiry is coded, it's up to the credit bureaus... and there go my eyeballs down the hallway.  Anyway, I have more than three Experian inquiries in the past 2 years.  As someone else explained last year, that can be an automatic DECLINE with Chase.  Why waste a hard credit inquiry -- with Experian -- on Chase?  I didn't bother to open up my Equifax or Transunion bureaus either.  Out here where I live, it's Experian or nothing with these guys.  Just like Citi, and just like AmEx.
So I told her no, that my credit bureaus were under a freeze.  She told me she couldn't do anything for me.  I told her to cancel.  She didn't try to upsell me on Chase or try to get me to stay (you know, member retention).  She said the account would be cancelled.

So in summary:   Better Business Bureau complaints will get you a personal phone call from Chase (I filed one in additon to my FTC and Reserve complaints after reading austinguy).  If you have the gift of a silver tongue maybe you can get your credit limit back, or whatever.  I don't know, because I'm not opening my Experian except under circumstances of my choosing. No one who has written so far, has said that Chase has done any credit limit increases without a hard inquiry.  Maybe if I had read of any, I would have done so.  But I have not.
My account is closed.   And I remember fondly when people talked crap about how bad Washington Mutual was, and how they only kept the cards because of pFICO.  I remember it fondly, because I wonder how many people now long for the days of WaMu.  Maybe they hated WaMu with extremely good reason.  WaMu was always good to me, though; they gave me a great CLI at the 6 month mark, unsolicited.   And, of course, there was providianFico.  Ah, the days....

Message 39 of 85
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

I got a call back from Aisha Monday and called her back yesterday but have not heard back yet.  I expect they will be calling back again this week with a resolution or compromise.  It's disappointing that Chase has taken this approach on the portfolio of products they acquired through the financial MESS.  Hopefully they will come up with a creative solution to their idiocracy to narrow the playing field and exposure to potential bad debts.  I really don't see any merit to their practices since I have perfect history of usage / payments with them since they assumed the accounts from WaMu.  I still have my MC from WaMu at it's original CL but I'm sure they'll F that up too further down the road.  We'll see what they have to say when they call me back this week.

Message 40 of 85
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.