Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seeking 0% apr Credit Cards

tag
mrinal
New Contributor

Seeking 0% apr Credit Cards

Hi,

I urgently need to apply for a 0% APR card. Please suggest me a sure shot card based on my profile.

Fico 8 Credit Score: 741

Inquiries: 2

Utilization: 19%

Cards opened in the last 24 months: 1

I have 3 AMEX Cards, 2 Discover Cards, 1 Citi Card (Opened 2 weeks ago)

Recently applied for a Capital One card and was denied.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Seeking 0% apr Credit Cards

We need more info. Income? Current balances/limits on existing cards? Any baddies? Where did you get that FICO 8 score? What was the denial reason(s) from Capital One?

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 2 of 8
Gollum
Established Contributor

@mrinal wrote:

Hi,

I urgently need to apply for a 0% APR card. Please suggest me a sure shot card based on my profile.

After the Fed's 75 basis points increase to the federal funds rate https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federal_funds_rate on Wednesday, July 27, 2022, the current prime rate is 5.5%. There may still be some situations for those with excellent credit to obtain a loan with a 0% interest rate, but the days of easy credit are probably gone for the foreseeable future. Your Experian 8 FICO score of 741 might qualify you for a 0% interest rate on a new car loan, but a new car loan is probably not what you are looking for.

Edit: the prime rate is 3% higher than the federal funds rate.

Credit Scores: (FICO 8) 846 Experian March 2024, 844 TransUnion March 2024 | (FICO 9) 850 Equifax March 2024
Credit Cards (newest to oldest): NFCU VISA Platinum $25,000 | BECU Cash Back VISA $10,000 | American Express BCE $9000 | Simmons Bank VISA $7500 | Capital One Quicksilver VISA Platinum (PC/upgrade from No Hassle Miles Rewards VISA Platinum) $500
Message 3 of 8
GMCTexas
New Contributor

You just opened a Citi card 2 weeks ago, was it not 0% for 12-15mo? Most cards anymore offer that when new. 

Message 4 of 8
bigseegar
Established Contributor

@mrinal wrote:

Hi,

There are still some cards out there with a time limited 0% APR but like stated without knowing all of your DP's and salary it's hard to steer you in the right direction.

Also you say here that you've only gotten 1 new card in 24 months BUT you've posted approvals for 3 new cards where you were seeking higher limit BT cards and asking if you could ask for an immediate CLI in the past 2 weeks on here including another one just 2 days ago and also ask about reapply for another AmEx card. You've stated in those you have received a 2nd Discover card, Chase card and Citi card all in the past few days. So thats at least 3 new cards not 1. You also stated you were denied a Cap1 Quicksilver (which is really a starter card and normally very easy to get) for too many INQ and 698 score, also just a few days ago. SO 3 new cards in 2 weeks may be tough to get higher limit 0% APR cards because it will look like desperate credit seeking behavior to the card issuers. But again give us your full DP's and maybe someone can help.

Message 5 of 8
805orbust
Valued Contributor

Wow... we got some sleuths around here 🤣  741 with 19% utilization feels about right on a clean file. However 0% aint gonna be easy to find.  I'd check NFCU as their Platinum card can come with a 0% BT offer up front. 

Oh!  I've been getting hounded by US Bank to apply for their Platinum card recently. It's 0% everything for the first year... couldn't hurt to check it out.

Message 6 of 8
mrinal
New Contributor

Yeah. I did. I transfered balances to that card. Actually I am trying to pay off balances. I do not want to pay more interests.

Message 7 of 8
mrinal
New Contributor

Thank you for the comment. After posting this query, I applied for Chase Freedom Unlimited and was instantly approved with a SL 8600.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.