Re: Seriously!! PSECU !!Seriously!!

@DI wrote:

@smc733 wrote:

@DI wrote:

@smc733 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@visorboy1974 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

OK. If I ever do get the free EX score, I will then move on to deciding what isn't too much hassle to keep getting it. An ACH transfer here and there sounds about right.

I just do an ACH transfer once a month...a few dollars.  Then I pay a cc bill with it and get it close to 0 again.  Repeat as needed. 

Sounds reasonable. I hope PSECU's billpay to other issuers' CCs is not the snail variety.

BofA's billpay is superfast, one reason I like them...

But anyway,  to me, I don't need a monthly FICO anymore, I'd rather have the number of things tied to my name minimized.  YMMV, I suppose.

I agree with you 100%.  That's one of the reasons why I'm closing accounts(down to 9 from 13) and moving everything to USAA. 

I agree with you there.   I do all my banking with BofA, and have yet to have a problem.  When I have enough to invest, sure, I'll probably do that elsewhere, but I don't feel a need to have 5/6+ banking accounts.  If it weren't for FICO, I'd only have my Visa/Amex and my backup Citi M/C (I'd cancel Disc/Chase).

Its nice to find someone else that shares this mentality.

Simplicity is a powerful thing!!

Agreed. I keep accounts in 2 locations. One with mobility and one without mobility. I like BOA because they do an excellent job with online banking...I do an excellent job dodging their fees. The one with less mobility to move funds has a better interest rates. It doesn't make sense to keep money an in account that has .01 interest, so I don't deal with BOA for that. But, I certainly believe they are in my ranks for being a great bank.

Smc733, for brokerage purposes if you're doing it yourself..BOA commissions are horrible. I'd recommend a discount broker, Scottrade and such. If not, you may want to go where you can get credible help but not give up your kidney for it.... like Fidelity. 

Credit Unions historically offer lower rates on loan products, higher rates on savings. DI, in your case i'd keep them because you never know when you'll want a cheap loan product.

Wallet: Fidelity Investment Rewards | BOA Travel Rewards | Chase Sapphire Preferred | Discover More
Message 31 of 34
Amnesia87
Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@RockinRay wrote:

I am just doing a $5 per month transfer from USAA to them for my activity. Worth it for the FICO score for sure!

PayPal is a great idea, I might just do the same thing!

Ray

Are you aware of a need to show activity, or just happy that you got in? I am asking because like DI, all I want is the score. No combo for me, as I understand that with a job change less than 6 months ago, it would be no combo for me, come back one year, so I won't waste another EX hard on them. Do they have a checking minimum that makes you immune from whatever consequences inactivity could bring?

I dunno what the guideline is, but I applied for mine with 7 months at my current job, and got approved for 10k combo, it's all relative...

Starting Score: EX FICO: Unknown EQ FICO: 717 TU (CreditKarma): 713
Current Score: EX FICO: 737 EQ FICO: 752 TU (CreditKarma): 717
Goal Score: EX FICO: 760 EQ FICO: 760 TU (CreditKarma): 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 32 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Amnesia87 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@RockinRay wrote:

I am just doing a $5 per month transfer from USAA to them for my activity. Worth it for the FICO score for sure!

PayPal is a great idea, I might just do the same thing!

Ray

Are you aware of a need to show activity, or just happy that you got in? I am asking because like DI, all I want is the score. No combo for me, as I understand that with a job change less than 6 months ago, it would be no combo for me, come back one year, so I won't waste another EX hard on them. Do they have a checking minimum that makes you immune from whatever consequences inactivity could bring?

I dunno what the guideline is, but I applied for mine with 7 months at my current job, and got approved for 10k combo, it's all relative...

When did you apply, when did you join, are are you out of state? I would like to change the deposit-only nature of my relationship with PSECU. Too platonic.

Message 33 of 34
smc733
Valued Contributor

@aamex wrote:

Agreed. I keep accounts in 2 locations. One with mobility and one without mobility. I like BOA because they do an excellent job with online banking...I do an excellent job dodging their fees. The one with less mobility to move funds has a better interest rates. It doesn't make sense to keep money an in account that has .01 interest, so I don't deal with BOA for that. But, I certainly believe they are in my ranks for being a great bank.

Smc733, for brokerage purposes if you're doing it yourself..BOA commissions are horrible. I'd recommend a discount broker, Scottrade and such. If not, you may want to go where you can get credible help but not give up your kidney for it.... like Fidelity. 

Credit Unions historically offer lower rates on loan products, higher rates on savings. DI, in your case i'd keep them because you never know when you'll want a cheap loan product.

Definitely, I'd never deal with Merill/BoA in that regard.  I'd go other places (though that's a while away for me yet).  But as far as savings rates, I like to be able to access all my money immediately, nearly anywhere (BofA), I'll give up some interest earned for that privilege, but then again, my measly $17k in savings would be considered "quick access cash" for many, while many orders of magnitude more would be the "invested" portion.

TLDR:  Glad to see someone else doesn't blindly hate BofA and looks on how they treat you individually as a customer.

BofA Cash Rewards VS - $25k | Citi Double Cash World MC - $18.9k | Amex BCE - $50k | Discover it - $50k | Chase Freedom Unlimited VS- $10k | Barclay Ring $5k |
Message 34 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.