Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service CU Preapprovals

tag
RootDet
Established Contributor

Service CU Preapprovals

Anyone have any idea how they work here?  I seem to be preapproved for everything under the sun except a mortgage. I already have a $10k CC and now it says i preapproved for another one up to $10k. If everyone knows, My CC approval was similar to pulling teeth with several root canals at once. 

Here is how the page shows up

OdqPf8v

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: Service CU Preapprovals

Congratulations on your pre-approvals. It appears you have the "accept" instead of the "apply" which is a good sign.

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Personal-Finance/Service-Credit-Union-membership/m-p/6101041/highli...

Message 2 of 14
RootDet
Established Contributor

I am wondering if a credit check still happens, underwritting etc. I have not seen anyone talk about going through the process.  

Message 3 of 14
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

that amazing you have offers. Im not a fan of theirs  and didnt even know they had these but i guess with good income and credit you are a viable candidateSmiley Wink

Message 4 of 14
RootDet
Established Contributor

aslong as i dont ask for a CC, they are probably easy to get along with. 

Message 5 of 14
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@RootDet wrote:

Anyone have any idea how they work here?  I seem to be preapproved for everything under the sun except a mortgage. I already have a $10k CC and now it says i preapproved for another one up to $10k. If everyone knows, My CC approval was similar to pulling teeth with several root canals at once. 

Here is how the page shows up

OdqPf8v

Well, I think it would be a little rude to turn down an offer, you should be able to a pretty nice used car for $65K.   In fact, I have a 2010 Toyota Corolla in "fair" condition that I was thinking of selling to the right person.   And you seem good.   You know, I could probably see my way to letting you have it for $60K and you wouldn't even need the full loan!

Message 6 of 14
RootDet
Established Contributor

I did call and ask. I was told it is a better chance of approval, but they still do an HP and full manual underwriting. So it is not a streamlined process. Not the preapprovals we are used to at say Penfed. 

I am too radioactive for them to try, o no going to be a guinea pig here

Message 7 of 14
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Congrats on the offers! @M_Smart007 and I both have the same offers. I was wondering the same. I figured it would be pulling teeth with the current state of the economy. lol

I know Redstone uses the same software.

Their preapprovals are a soft pull. No hard pull in sight, after applying for an auto loan several months ago. Ended using USAA instead.

Still waiting for a SP Preapproval auto refinance that beats my current rate. 

Message 8 of 14
RootDet
Established Contributor

@Gmood1 Where do i find the redstone preapprovals?

Message 9 of 14
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Loan Options tab -> Pre-Approved Loans.

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.