Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shop NBC NOT HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!!!

tag
amercnchopz34
Established Contributor

Shop NBC NOT HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!!!

So I was watching TV Friday and saw a tablet that I wanted to get  for my mother in law.....I have shopped QVC before with never a issue taking advantage of the 6 easy pays.......

Well I purchased a tablet thru them  thru my paypal account and chose  the 6 value pays.....well I decided that day  to cancel the order......well I get an alert from USAA credit monitoring....HARD PULL was done on a value pay against my credit card that I already have....that BS ....I will do bussiness with this company ever again.......Never had down a hard pull before.....needless to say I am not happy..

Just Beware.....

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
distantarray
Established Contributor

Re: Shop NBC NOT HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!!!

wait.... they did a hardpull on your credit report? did you give them your social?

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 2 of 10
CreditWorld2013
Frequent Contributor

@amercnchopz34 wrote:

So I was watching TV Friday and saw a tablet that I wanted to get  for my mother in law.....I have shopped QVC before with never a issue taking advantage of the 6 easy pays.......

Well I purchased a tablet thru them  thru my paypal account and chose  the 6 value pays.....well I decided that day  to cancel the order......well I get an alert from USAA credit monitoring....HARD PULL was done on a value pay against my credit card that I already have....that BS ....I will do bussiness with this company ever again.......Never had down a hard pull before.....needless to say I am not happy..

Just Beware.....

The reason they did a hardpull was that they still consider it a form of extending credit. (They send you the item and the other payments are divided monthly) This also depends on the value of the item. For example, if a tablet is a few hundred dollars they will want a way to go after the person if they skip payments by cancelling the card or changing account numbers, etc. They state somewhere in their terms&conditions,etc that they may pull a hard pull. Also since they did a hard pull now if you wanted to order something else they won't do anymore pulls unless you don't shop for a while and then return. It is similar to AMEX and a Financial Review. They want to make sure you won't just order thousands of dollars in merchandise make 1 payment and run with it. So in essence, they also set an internal shopping limit of how much total debt you can have in value payments. 

Message 3 of 10
amercnchopz34
Established Contributor

@CC365 wrote:

@amercnchopz34 wrote:

Just Beware.....

The reason they did a hardpull was that they still consider it a form of extending credit. (They send you the item and the other payments are divided monthly) This also depends on the value of the item. For example, if a tablet is a few hundred dollars they will want a way to go after the person if they skip payments by cancelling the card or changing account numbers, etc. They state somewhere in their terms&conditions,etc that they may pull a hard pull. Also since they did a hard pull now if you wanted to order something else they won't do anymore pulls unless you don't shop for a while and then return. It is similar to AMEX and a Financial Review. They want to make sure you won't just order thousands of dollars in merchandise make 1 payment and run with it. So in essence, they also set an internal shopping limit of how much total debt you can have in value payments. 

funny thing is 1 year ago...I ordered a laptop from them 700.00 ....no hard pull was ever done......needless t0 say will never shop with them again...I could see if you were going to apply for a Shop NBC credit card but come on ....i had ordered stuff from them in the past of high value...never a pull

Message 4 of 10
distantarray
Established Contributor

@amercnchopz34 wrote:

funny thing is 1 year ago...I ordered a laptop from them 700.00 ....no hard pull was ever done......needless t0 say will never shop with them again...I could see if you were going to apply for a Shop NBC credit card but come on ....i had ordered stuff from them in the past of high value...never a pull

question is did you do the 6 payment program with the laptop back then? if not then it's comparing apples to oranges doesn't really work for comparisons. but if you did I'd be surprised they'd pull you now, regardless if your planning to do anything with a flexible payment plan if it's not a credit card, requesting information like your social always expect them to pull imo. it's better to be pleasantly surprised than to be surprised in the bad way.

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 5 of 10
tray
Valued Contributor

WOW!!! it is very interesting that you wrote this thread the very same thing happened to me last month a HARD PULL on my equifax report,  my first time every buying from this company and the last time I purchased a watch as a christmans present, I wish this company was really more explicit with their easy pay value plans I would have never agreed to it, i would have paid in full with the credit card, as to top it off I never even gave my social sercurity number.  Well you live and learn and hopefully someone out there now will have a heads up on this company and will not suffer the same fate as we did.

Starting Score: EQ 546 TU 566
Current Score: EQ 693TU 08 729 EX 08 738Need to Garden/New Accounts
Goal Score: 800
Message 6 of 10
amercnchopz34
Established Contributor

@distantarray wrote:

@amercnchopz34 wrote:

question is did you do the 6 payment program with the laptop back then? if not then it's comparing apples to oranges doesn't really work for comparisons. but if you did I'd be surprised they'd pull you now, regardless if your planning to do anything with a flexible payment plan if it's not a credit card, requesting information like your social always expect them to pull imo. it's better to be pleasantly surprised than to be surprised in the bad way.

yes same terms...6 paymments o n credit card on file...paypal..

Message 7 of 10
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@amercnchopz34 wrote:

@distantarray wrote:

@amercnchopz34 wrote:

This must be something new.  Last Christmas I purchased a watch for my DH from Shop NBC used the value pay and did not get a HP and it was my first time ordering from them.  They did call to verify my information a day after I ordered but I didn't think that was unreasonable.

This summer I purchased an iPad from HSN, flex pay I think they call theirs- no HP either. 

Message 8 of 10
tray
Valued Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:

@amercnchopz34 wrote:

@distantarray wrote:

@amercnchopz34 wrote:

This must be something new.  Last Christmas I purchased a watch for my DH from Shop NBC used the value pay and did not get a HP and it was my first time ordering from them.  They did call to verify my information a day after I ordered but I didn't think that was unreasonable.

This summer I purchased an iPad from HSN, flex pay I think they call theirs- no HP either. 

Was it a large dollar purchase I think on Monday I am calling this company and going to question their hard pull policy also if I pay the balance in full can the inquiry report moved from my credit report.

Starting Score: EQ 546 TU 566
Current Score: EQ 693TU 08 729 EX 08 738Need to Garden/New Accounts
Goal Score: 800
Message 9 of 10
Sparkz1920
Frequent Contributor

I can see the logic In doing a hard pull per CC365's explanation

But I ordered a laptop from QVC with 6 payments and thank god they never did that to me.,.

Starting Score: 601
Current Score: 670
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

NFCU Rewards- 8K......AMEX Delta Skymiles-5k.....Citi AAdvantage AMEX-3.5K...WalMart Discover-4K....Old Navy Visa-2k...BOA-3000...AMEX Green-NPSL....Discover More-1K
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.