Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I PC my Chase Sapphire Reserve?

tag
atarvuzdar
Established Contributor

Should I PC my Chase Sapphire Reserve?

Hey all,

I've had my CSR for going on two years and the annual fee is coming up on August 1. A few months back I got the AMEX Platinum with a 100K bonus and I'm pretty thrilled with some of the perks and status matches thus far.

I'm taking a look at whether it makes sense to keep my CSR around or whether I should PC it and/or app for another card which offers a different point structure that may work better for my portfolio.

I currently have 47K Chase Ultimate Rewards points which I will need to decide what to do with prior to PC if I actually take the plunge in that direction.

In addition, I used my CSR for an upcoming cruise of the Mediterranean this Sep/Oct--air, hotel, cruise all pre-paid on the CSR. Will I need to keep my CSR around for any possible reason, as a result of this, such as trip insurance or otherwise?

I've taken advantage of the Priority Pass thru CSR--if I PC the CSR is there any way for me to change my Priority Pass membership to the AMEX? I also know that there are some differences in the Priority Pass benefits between the CSR and Platinum but I have no single lounge loyalty that would come into play, necessarily. Have not yet taken advantage of Global Re-entry but that is in the plans for my upcoming trip--but the Plat takes care of that.

My CC lineup and current scores are as noted in my signature. As it pertains to typical spend on my CC's it tends toward restaurants followed by online spend.

Any thoughts on what changes (if any) I should consider making before my annual fee comes due in a few days?

FICO 8: EQ 846 / TU 836 / EX 832
AMEX Platinum / BofA Cash Rewards Visa Sig $99,900 / Chase CSR $43,400 / Citi Double Cash $39,600 / AMEX EveryDay $30,000 / Discover It $26,000 / Gemini $25,000 / JetBlue $25,000 / Chase Freedom Unlimited $22,500
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
unsungivy
Established Contributor

Re: Should I PC my Chase Sapphire Reserve?

I would keep it for the trip insurance. However, CSP also has trip insurance, although not quite as good. Maybe call them and inquire if stepping down to a CSP would nullify the various aspects of trip insurance you currently have, or just modify them (things like baggage delay hours to kick in.)

SD - Biz -
Message 2 of 3
atarvuzdar
Established Contributor

Re: Should I PC my Chase Sapphire Reserve?

Thanks for this advice, I appreciate it! I also read that Chase will be rolling out some changes to the CSR and CSP in or around mid August. That, too, has me thinking about keeping it around. Thanks again!

FICO 8: EQ 846 / TU 836 / EX 832
AMEX Platinum / BofA Cash Rewards Visa Sig $99,900 / Chase CSR $43,400 / Citi Double Cash $39,600 / AMEX EveryDay $30,000 / Discover It $26,000 / Gemini $25,000 / JetBlue $25,000 / Chase Freedom Unlimited $22,500
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.