Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I app or not???? It's killin me

tag
teo77777
Regular Contributor

Should I app or not???? It's killin me

I started to rebuild just last November after A BK in 2009. I have BK DISMISSED...not Discharged. 1 Foreclosure 2009, 1 repo..2009

Starting Fico was 545 avg..oh yeah...2 collections. Tried a Walmart card in Nov...Denied...Got a 300.00 BOA secured card, paid on time 5 months now,

keep util at 6%. Joined a credit union and took out a 300.00 secured "credit builder loan". Those payments are auto pay, again, never late.

I have a GM Financial on my cr's from 2001...Paid as agreed, paid off early,but closed, yet it shows in my average age of accts. I told myself I would sit for 1 year, then get another card (or try to). Last week my CK score was 644 (Fako) my Eq I pulled from here 615 (myfico). So I was going to wait until I got to 660 or so TRUE FICO ,to app for a Barclay's card. Here's the rub. The 2 collection accts fell of my report and my CK jumped up to 667. I know it's fako so I spent the 19.95

here to pull my true TU Fico..712!!!!! Common...how can 2 OLD baddies be affecting my score that much?? I Still have a BK on there...a repo..and a foreclosure , so I can't see how you can go from 545 to 712 in 5 months. Now I want to app for that Barclay's bad. But those 3 baddies still there, and new credit is 2 open accts, 5 mo old, and toy limits, and NO unsecured accts. I have only 1 INQ now. I bet I'd still get denied, but what would you do in my shoes? Should I go for it, or sit back another 6 mo or so?

Thanks Smiley Wink

TO
Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Re: Should I app or not???? It's killin me

Wait until they all have reported paid as agreed for at least 6 months. I can't remember if Barclay is BK friendly someone should chime in. If they are try for a Barclay card for average credit. Good Luck!

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 2 of 26
teo77777
Regular Contributor

I was hoping someone would say wait Smiley Wink I also forgot to mention my Dad added me as an AU to his 15 year old Quicksilver with 15k limit. That was 3 weeks ago, but it hasn't reported yet. I was thinking if I wait, the AU would throw a flag that they couldn't determine a true fico for me. Heck , I dunno..Funny thing is, as much as I obsess about getting back on track( and it IS an obsession), maybe the AU would help in getting a better starting credit line SHOULD I be approved....You can study this stuff till you're blue in the face and it's still a crapshoot..Ain't life grand Smiley Wink

TO
Message 3 of 26
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

wait what, you have a 712 TU?

When are the baddies?

seems like you should be totally good for barclay!?

Message 4 of 26
teo77777
Regular Contributor

Myfico..This site says 712 TU..

Baddies are a forclosure 09..Balance owed 0 (they made money)

Repo with a charge off amount of 789.00   also 09

Filed BK 09 DISMISSED.. I said screw it after I couldn't hang onto the house anyways

Positives are a BOA Secured card with 5 mo history of 6 % util   toy 300.00 limit

Credit Union 300.00 "Credit Builder loan ) Secured also 5 months old

An ancient GM Finance car loan in 2001 for 17,000 scheduled for 60 mo, paid off in 36 months.

That's a really thin file..I wish I knew how to post the pic of the TU I pulled from here this eve...Up 70 freakin points in 1 week cuz of 2 collection accts from 2010 removed?

I don't see how a 712 is warranted here..

TO
Message 5 of 26
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@teo77777 wrote:

Myfico..This site says 712 TU..

Baddies are a forclosure 09..Balance owed 0 (they made money)

Repo with a charge off amount of 789.00   also 09

Filed BK 09 DISMISSED.. I said screw it after I couldn't hang onto the house anyways

Positives are a BOA Secured card with 5 mo history of 6 % util   toy 300.00 limit

Credit Union 300.00 "Credit Builder loan ) Secured also 5 months old

An ancient GM Finance car loan in 2001 for 17,000 scheduled for 60 mo, paid off in 36 months.

That's a really thin file..I wish I knew how to post the pic of the TU I pulled from here this eve...Up 70 freakin points in 1 week cuz of 2 collection accts from 2010 removed?

I don't see how a 712 is warranted here..

id say it would be worth the INQ and apply for barclay now.

Sallie Mae?

Message 6 of 26
DrZoidberg
Established Contributor

I don't know about others but Chase didn't care if you're an AU. I don't think being an AU will get a higher limit. I'd wait or go for a Discover IT.

Message 7 of 26
teo77777
Regular Contributor

Sez the man with a Centurion card Smiley Wink Yer killin me, I could feed my family fer a year with the annual fee alone Smiley Wink

Seriously tho, congrats on that

TO
Message 8 of 26
Josh2942
Established Contributor

But he is an AU on said Centurion O.o! Im not hating I would love to be an AU on a centurion

Jaguar F-Type R Loan 50K Balance
Goldman Sachs Signature Loan $29,000 TU 750 score pulled at time of loan.
Student Loan Debt $1,500
Credit Card Debt $300 1>% of $166,700
FAKO Transunion 723 Equifax 744
What's in my wallet? Chase Sapphire Reserve, Chase Freedom Unlimited, and AMEX Blue for Business
Message 9 of 26
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

@Josh2942 wrote:

But he is an AU on said Centurion O.o! Im not hating I would love to be an AU on a centurion

You and me both!

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 10 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.