Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I apply?

tag
Onwards
Established Member

Should I apply?

Hi,

I've received an invitation to apply for a Citi AAdvantage card. I'm wondering if there's any way to find out if I'm likely to be approved or not. I read somewhere that there are four key questions you can ask them before you apply that can tip you off whether you'll be approved. I really don't want to be declined.

Thanks for your help! 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Should I apply?

@Onwards wrote:

Hi,

I've received an invitation to apply for a Citi AAdvantage card. I'm wondering if there's any way to find out if I'm likely to be approved or not. I read somewhere that there are four key questions you can ask them before you apply that can tip you off whether you'll be approved. I really don't want to be declined.

Thanks for your help! 

Hello and welcome.

I don't know what those 4 questions might be but have you looked through the Credit Card Center here onsite? It might be able to answer some of your concerns.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 9/09 pulled by lender 802, EQ - 10/10-813, TU - 10/10-774

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 2 of 5
Onwards
Established Member

Hi,

Thanks, yes I have read through it.

I got this notion in my head from some guy--I don't remember his name--who does post-bankruptcy seminars. It was one of the pitches for the seminar:

"LEARN the four questions to ask to tell if you'll be approved for a credit card!!!!!"

So that stuck in my head. I wasn't interested in the seminar, but that information would be valuable if it's it's for real. Anyone have any suggestions?

Thank you!

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

What are your scores? Util? AAoA? With some more detail we can help you decide. Give as much information as possible.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

How do you find out what your credit limit will be?

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.