Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I balance transfer?

tag
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Re: Should I balance transfer?

Lots of good advice here... I'll just add that the only "probably sure thing" card with a balance transfer promotion that I can think of is another Quicksilver. 

The 0% promo is only good for nine months, though, and of course you'd have to hold your nose and take the infamous 'triple pull'.  On the plus side, you would be able to combine the credit line with your other QS once you're finished paying off the balance.

I also firmly agree that I would value saving interest over having a higher FICO score.  Money is something that you can 'touch', and any FICO hit from utilization will always bounce back, anyway.  Smiley Wink

Good luck whatever you decide! 

Message 11 of 16
mattayy
Frequent Contributor

I try with Discover every couple months and it's a no go every time and I tried with BofA like a month ago and it was a no...my scores have risent probalby 30-40pts since then but I still feel like BofA won't do it...stingy lol 

EQ: 584 TU: 615 EX: 612

Cap 1 Williams Sonoma Visa $3.5k limit, Walmart MC $2k limit, American Express Platinum $2K limit, Venmo Visa $900 limit, Credit One Amex $700 limit, Credit One Visa $400 limit, Kohls $300 limit, Target RedCard $300 limit, Living Spaces $1k limit, Amazon $400 limit, Jcrew $450 limit, US Bank $300 limit
Message 12 of 16
mattayy
Frequent Contributor

I have two QS cards one paid off and one with a $1350 balance and it won't let me combine them for some reason, I don't have any pending charges everything is in good standing it is annoying lol wish I could go for the Venture but I feel like I will get denied wahhhh

Cap 1 Williams Sonoma Visa $3.5k limit, Walmart MC $2k limit, American Express Platinum $2K limit, Venmo Visa $900 limit, Credit One Amex $700 limit, Credit One Visa $400 limit, Kohls $300 limit, Target RedCard $300 limit, Living Spaces $1k limit, Amazon $400 limit, Jcrew $450 limit, US Bank $300 limit
Message 13 of 16
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@mattayy wrote:

I have two QS cards one paid off and one with a $1350 balance and it won't let me combine them for some reason, I don't have any pending charges everything is in good standing it is annoying lol wish I could go for the Venture but I feel like I will get denied wahhhh

If you're going for a balance transfer rate deal, just remember that Venture doesn't have one.  Smiley Wink

Message 14 of 16
mattayy
Frequent Contributor

I wish I could do the chase slate card or BofA better balance or regular one 

Message 15 of 16
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@mattayy wrote:

I owe $750 on my barclaycard, $850 on nordstrom, $1350 on QS and $750 on walmart all which have interest rates in the 20%, would it be smart to try and grab a 0% interest card or dumb to open that many cards at once? Or do you think I would even be approved?

So you're at 50%, 71%, 96% (maxed) and 75% on those cards?  And you have that recent credit seeking activity?  I don't suggest counting on a new card for BT.  I can't tell you if you'd get approved or not but that's not the only consideration.  Even if approved you'd likely get a low limit which would make a new card useless for BT'ing.

@mattayy wrote:

I just hate interest haha I am giving up on all credit cards.

Make sure you work on whatever it was that led you to carry balances.  Credit cards and paying interest aren't mutually inclusive.  It's all about how your sitaution, how you manage your fianances, etc.

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.