Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shrinking cycles

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Shrinking cycles

I think every single one of my credit accounts has shrank their cycles times so much that the grace period is nearly useless.
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Shrinking cycles

Timothy wrote:
I think every single one of my credit accounts has shrank their cycles times so much that the grace period is nearly useless.

I have to say I agree with you there. Mine have shrunk from 30 to 25 on some cards and 25 to 20 on others.  The trick is to pay the minimum when the statement falls and then schedule the balance on or before the due date. That's what I do and pay all online.  I feel sorry for someone who still uses snail mail with a 20 day grace priod. -7 days before you get the bill -10 days for them to receive and prcoess it.  Giving you about two or three to get in the mail.
Message 2 of 11
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

On line banking is wonderful  Smiley Happy
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Without online banking and bill pay my scores would still be, um, just a guess, maybe 425.
World's greatest procrastinator, lazy too.

MidnightVoice wrote:
On line banking is wonderful  Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I miss the Amex True Grace credit card. You could carry a balance for almost 2 billing cycles with no interest on all new purchases. Amex pulled that away from people quickly after it was released. They had to cancel/force an Optma on me, I didn't want to give it up.
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Brammy wrote:
"I have to say I agree with you there. Mine have shrunk from 30 to 25 on some cards and 25 to 20 on others.  The trick is to pay the minimum when the statement falls and then schedule the balance on or before the due date. That's what I do and pay all online.I have to say I agree with you there. Mine have shrunk from 30 to 25 on some cards and 25 to 20 on others.  The trick is to pay the minimum when the statement falls and then schedule the balance on or before the due date. That's what I do and pay all online."

PS... How do you get the comment from the reply included without coping it?????

Something else I have noticed that the CCC are doing is waiting longer or shorter, changing up, the time from payment due date to statement create date. I try to do the same thing as Brammy suggests, but you really have to keep logging in and checking because for some of my card, CapOne the biggest culprit, they keep it a moving target....Smiley Mad
Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

To get the quopte simply hit reply on the message you're responding to then hit the little cartoon bubble next to the smiley on your toolbar on your input window.

I have to agree with your take on Cap1 plus the site doesn't update in a timely manner so I have them scheduled to ebill andmy bank automatically pays any min payment due upon receipt.  Never that much and it notifies me that I have an ebill.
Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Brammy wrote:
To get the quopte simply hit reply on the message you're responding to then hit the little cartoon bubble next to the smiley on your toolbar on your input window.

I have to agree with your take on Cap1 plus the site doesn't update in a timely manner so I have them scheduled to ebill andmy bank automatically pays any min payment due upon receipt.  Never that much and it notifies me that I have an ebill.

Kool beans....thanks Brammy...I knew it was something simple...Smiley Very Happy

I'll have to look into the ebill option.
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

One of mine is down to 14 days.  Grace period, my a@@.
Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is why I want a discover more card, that and discover open road are the last cards with two cycle daily average balance, which allows you to float charges over two statement cycles interest free.

so with a 25 grace period a change made on the first day of a will enjoy 2 month 3 weeks free ride.

With the daily average balance your required to pay the previous balance and the new balance before the next cycle, with a two cycle card, your only required to have paid the previous cycle.

WE don't need "PROTECTION" we need EDUCATION.AND the lesson here is

Two Cycle Daily Average Balance=good PIF card

Daily Average Balance= good revolving card 
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.