cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So Diid I Make A Good Deal? (Marriott Pts. Booking)

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
Valued Contributor

Re: So Diid I Make A Good Deal? (Marriott Pts. Booking)

@frogman1 wrote:
I dont see how people value Marriott points at .5cpp. My worst redemption this year was 1.5 cpp. I got over 2cpp for a 5 night stay in Aruba. To get most value stay 5 nights as 5th night is free on award bookings.

I got .8 cpp. for Hilton though.

25k points aren't much so I wouldn't worry about getting low value.

This is the kind of stuff I was seeing also on the forums after the SPG "devaluaton" which had me questioning whether getting the card when I did was a good idea or not. The fact I got more than that apparently with my 25k booking led me to believe I didn't do too bad. And some of the replies are going to help me decide whether or not to keep it after Oct. 2020. I had been using this card for a while after I got it for business shipping at 4x--but once I hit the SUB back in January I pretty much SD'd it upon hearing that 4 Marriott pts. only break down to about 1cpp when reedeming. But now I may give it another chance in the shipping dept.--not 100% sure yet though.

BUSINESS
Rewards Pts.-Miles: UR-MR-TYP-Venture
Message 11 of 12
Valued Contributor

Re: So Diid I Make A Good Deal? (Marriott Pts. Booking)

@Credit-hoarder wrote:

@frogman1 wrote:
I dont see how people value Marriott points at .5cpp. My worst redemption this year was 1.5 cpp. I got over 2cpp for a 5 night stay in Aruba. To get most value stay 5 nights as 5th night is free on award bookings.

I got .8 cpp. for Hilton though.

25k points aren't much so I wouldn't worry about getting low value.

This is the kind of stuff I was seeing also on the forums after the SPG "devaluaton" which had me questioning whether getting the card when I did was a good idea or not. The fact I got more than that apparently with my 25k booking led me to believe I didn't do too bad. And some of the replies are going to help me decide whether or not to keep it after Oct. 2020. I had been using this card for a while after I got it for business shipping at 4x--but once I hit the SUB back in January I pretty much SD'd it upon hearing that 4 Marriott pts. only break down to about 1cpp when reedeming. But now I may give it another chance in the shipping dept.--not 100% sure yet though.

You get a free night worth up to 35k points on renewal.   I get 5 free nights as we have 5 Marriott cards.  They aren't as good as the 35k points as you don't get 5th night free with reward certificates and you can't stay at the top properties.  

But for example you can book certain Marriott properties in NYC for the 35k certificate on rooms that are over $450 a night.   So for the $95 annual fee you could get a $450 room.  And its not like in NYC you can get a decent room in high season for $95.  

The only negative I can see with Marriott points is a lot of places in Europe don't seem to have rooms available for points if you have kids in the room with you.   

I know people go on and on about how much Hyatt points are worth but they are harder to earn and the hotel selection for Hyatts just isn't anywere as close to what Marriott has to offer.  

More cards than I can mention in a signature.
Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.