cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So what is the difference between the two Best Buy cards?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

So what is the difference between the two Best Buy cards?

One is for in-store only and the Visa can be used anywhere correct? 

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: So what is the difference between the two Best Buy cards?

@Anonymouswrote:

Exactly! Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

What Bella said!

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

yes and you also get points when you use the visa outside of best buy.

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymouswrote:

yarh! That seems to be correct. However, My understanding is that there is only a Best Buy store card and the Best Buy Visa.  I also don't recall there being one that has an annual fee. 

Message 5 of 11
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

There use to be an AF version, but don't think they offer those anymore so you are offered the store card or the Visa I believe all the time, why someone would just take the store card now baffles me.. Who knows maybe if you credit is on the low side it is only the store card, but believe it is a choice regardless

Message 6 of 11
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

One is blue the other is BLUESmiley Wink
Message 7 of 11
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

@CreditCuriositywrote:

There use to be an AF version, but don't think they offer those anymore so you are offered the store card or the Visa I believe all the time, why someone would just take the store card now baffles me.. Who knows maybe if you credit is on the low side it is only the store card, but believe it is a choice regardless

No, when you apply you don't get to chose, Citi decides which version they want to offer you if they approve your app.

Yeah, I don't think there's been an AF version since HSBC issued the Best Buy card years ago. I had one of those as a rebuilding card w/$59 AF. But the thing is Citi absolutely refused to remove it, giving me a terse "If a card has an AF it will always have an AF". So I finally told them "Well, this card will no longer have an AF, close it effective immediately".

Message 8 of 11
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Weird when I use to have the card I had a choice between the Store card and Visa and picked the visa this was about 2 years ago by online application

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

For the most part, these guys are correct. There is a version thats used for in store and one that's a Visa that you can use outside the store to earn Best Buy rewards points. But there IS also a version with an AF. That is only offered for thin profiles or rebuilders generally. The AF if 49 dollars. Good credit generally gets to choose between the in store and Visa, low credit, new credit, and rebuilders CITI chooses for you.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.