Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Southwest Airlines CC

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Southwest Airlines CC

What credit report does Southwest pull for their CC?  Anyone know their score guidelines?  I have a mortgage, installment loan from my bank, auto loan, and credit cards from David's Bridal ($1500), Temperpedic ($3700), Walmart ($1200), Dodge ($1000), Credit One ($550), and Menards ($500).  We love taking trips and always fly Southwest so I thought I should try to get a Southwest CC.  According to PrivacyGuard my Equifax is 676, Experian 641, & TransUnion fell from 685 to 617 (have no idea why).  Where do I find REAL FICO scores?

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Southwest Airlines CC

Get a paid account through this site and you'll get real fico scores!
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase always pulls EQ for me in Georgia. The only time they didn't was when I was pre-qualified and applied for Freedom. They used EX and TU for that one.
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I took your advice, just signed up for the 3-bureau monitoring, and as soon as I logged in it said my SSN was already in the system.  I hope I'm the one who signed up with my SSN but jsut forgot about it.  I send an email to customer support and am waiting on a response.

Message 4 of 11
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Pulled EX and I believe EQ for me in TX.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 5 of 11
thummel
Established Contributor

It's either going to be an EX pull or EQ pull or both. I would just give it a shot you never know till you apply. I just got the United card but chase only pulls EX for me whenever I do an app. All 3 of my cards have been that way from them.
Message 6 of 11
mattayy
Frequent Contributor

I just got approved for the Southwest Premier card and they pulled EQ. I am in California.

EQ: 584 TU: 615 EX: 612

Cap 1 Williams Sonoma Visa $3.5k limit, Walmart MC $2k limit, American Express Platinum $2K limit, Venmo Visa $900 limit, Credit One Amex $700 limit, Credit One Visa $400 limit, Kohls $300 limit, Target RedCard $300 limit, Living Spaces $1k limit, Amazon $400 limit, Jcrew $450 limit, US Bank $300 limit
Message 7 of 11
trant3
Established Contributor

any benefits in getting the southwest card? I mean the bags are already free...

FNBO $15k, Aspiration Zero $11k, Affinity FCU $10k, Sofi $15k, Venmo Visa $2.7k, Apple $7k, Citi Custom Cash $14k, Citi Double Cash $15k, Citizens Bank Cash Plus $8k, Chase Amazon $3k, Chase Flex $13.6k, Chase IHG $16k, Amex BCP $9.5k, Amex Hilton $10k, Chase Freedom $26.5k, NFCU Plat $46k, NFCU Cash $33k, Discover IT $29k, Discover Miles $12k, BECU Visa $14k, Wells Fargo Active $6.3k, PenFed Promise $15k, PenFed Gold $20k
Message 8 of 11
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

Chase does the card and for me they pull EX in nyc. They have pulled EQ for a double pull though

My Cards: Amex BCE: $9,000, Amex Hilton HHonors: $2,000, Amex ED: $12,000, Barclays NFL extra points: $3,000, Bank of America MLB cash rewards: $17,000, BBVA compass NBA Amex triple double rewards: $17,000, Chase Amazon: $1,000, Chase Freedom: $9,000, Chase Sapphire: $5,000, Chase Slate: $5,000, Chase Disney: $4,000, Citi Double Cash: $5,400, Citi AA plat: $5,500, Citi Simplicity: $3,000, Citi Thank you preferred: $8,800, Capital one GM: $2,000, Capital one PlayStation: $3,000, Gamestop: $1,150, Amazon Store: $5,000, Ebay MasterCard: $5,000, American Eagle Storecard: $750, Macy's: $500
EX: 744, TU:750, EQ: 740
Message 9 of 11
grinlikechelsea
Established Contributor

@trant3 wrote:

any benefits in getting the southwest card? I mean the bags are already free...

For the Premier, it offers 2 points per dollar for Southwest purchases, which works out well since I fly on Southwest all the time for work (employer reimbursed). Additionally, it has no foreign transaction fees, 6,000 points per year that the card is open, and it helps with getting A-List status if you use the card a lot. I don't remember the exact dollar amount. It also has some very good bonuses throughout the year, so it's a great card to churn in the very least. I've had mine for 2 years now and I really like it.

Edit: Chase pulled EQ for me, but I already had a credit card with them. For my first account, they also pulled TU.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.