Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suspicious Amex charge

tag
vanillabean
Valued Contributor

Suspicious Amex charge

How do you go about a suspicious Amex charge that has been posted? When it was still pending, I asked customer service to monitor the charge.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Suspicious Amex charge

You should have received a follow-up email letting you know its posted. Please either initiate an inquiry online or call customer services and an inquiry will be launched on your behalf to investigate the charge.
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

For almost all credit cards, you would not be responsible for unauthorized charges. So once the charge has been posted, verify if you recognize the transaction - if not, call the customer care and they most likely will transfer you to fraud department and they will investigate the charge on your behalf.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Talk to the fraud department. They helped me when I had a suspicious charge.

Message 4 of 5
MASTERNC
Frequent Contributor

Historically, I have reported cards stolen, even before the charge posts, if I know for certain it isn't anything I initiated.  I just had two charges made yesterday for online orders from beauty companies on my Citibank card.  They are still pending but I reported the card stolen this morning to cut off any more charges (and to hopefully get the merchants to stop shipment).

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.