Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sync Bank Ebates Question

tag
chalupaman
Super Contributor

Sync Bank Ebates Question

Has anyone ever gotten an upgrade offer for the card if you didn't get the higher tier version with the lower APR and Visa Signature version as well or is it like the WalMart MC where they close the account entirely and add a new TL?

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Sync Bank Ebates Question

@chalupaman wrote:

Has anyone ever gotten an upgrade offer for the card if you didn't get the higher tier version with the lower APR and Visa Signature version as well or is it like the WalMart MC where they close the account entirely and add a new TL?

AFAIK, I believe one would have to re-apply to get the Visa Signature...(maybe they'll upgrade - who knows, only time will tell).  I have yet to see anyone who had the non-Signature version get upgraded to Visa Signature after a certain period.  Then again, this card just became available roughly a year ago through SYNCB.  I got approved for Visa Signature when I applied last month with initial CL of $8,000.

Message 2 of 3
fedxboy
Established Contributor

Re: Sync Bank Ebates Question

@FinStar wrote:

@chalupaman wrote:

AFAIK, I believe one would have to re-apply to get the Visa Signature...(maybe they'll upgrade - who knows, only time will tell).  I have yet to see anyone who had the non-Signature version get upgraded to Visa Signature after a certain period.  Then again, this card just became available roughly a year ago through SYNCB.  I got approved for Visa Signature when I applied last month with initial CL of $8,000.

Since it's a relatively new card, like FinStar said -- it's too early to tell.   I also got the Visa Sig in May 2014 with a $6300 CL, but they gave me Account Type 2  for the Sig which is the same APR for the regular visa.  

Interest Rates and Interest Charges

EBATES CASH BACK VISA PLATINUM CREDIT CARDEBATES CASH BACK VISA SIGNATURE CREDIT CARD
Annual Percentage Rate (APR) for Purchases24.99%
This APR will vary with the market based on the Prime Rate.

19.99% for Account Type 1 or
24.99% for Account Type 2
when you open your account, based on your creditworthiness and other factors.

After that, your APR will vary with the market based on the Prime Rate.

(7/23/16) AMEX FICO EX 728, (6/20/16) Discover FICO TU 747, (7/24/16) Barclays FICO 750 (TC Lines $400+K) AAoA= 4.3 yrs
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.