Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchrony Bank Store Card Limit?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Synchrony Bank Store Card Limit?

I am on app spree and going to garden for the next year or two too hopefuly get some nice CLI's, or get upgraded to Visa/Mastercard store cards. And maybe get some new CC's with lower APR's/Limits.

My approval spree so far:

Capital One QuickSilver One - $500 CL

Chase Freedom - $750

Chase Freedom Unlmited - $750

Wells Fargo CLI that required a HI for 3 month old cardby $1,000 (Probably doesn't count)

Amazonn Store Card - $1,500

JCPenny - $500

WalMart - $800

Anyway, Is there some limit I should be aware of with Synchrony Bank, or gap between apps? Only cards left I would like to get are TJ Maxx and possibly Lowes or Newegg (or all 3 haha)

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

Re: Synchrony Bank Store Card Limit?

stop now...  syncrony has been know to shut people down with 3 syncrony cards in a month and other 4  cards won't help especially if you have a thin file. 

Honestly I know it feels nice to see approvals, but really you aren't doing your self any favors. Look at the CL's you have been given.  

any prime card with a CL under $2k is a warning, okay we approved you, but we don't trust you.  These types of cards take a long time to grow. 

Garden for 6 months perferably a year. 

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 2 of 11
NichelleN
Established Contributor

I'm not sure about the total # of synchrony cards. But depending on your credit profile/score, you can try to up the SL's you were given. Call synchrony credit solutions and request an increase on the cards you just opened. When I opened my JCPenney card, the SL was $600. I called about 1 minute after the online approval and they increased the limit to $5K.

More than enough credit.
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not so for all.  I just got 3 Sync's within 1 month and had no problem.  Also reconned to get my cli's way up there.  I think it has more to do with what's on you cr than just your score.  Congrats on your new cards!!!  Woman Very Happy

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's true.  I don't think the number of cards is really what Synchrony looks at.  It's your entire credit profile and how you're managing your account(s) with them within that profile.

I wouldn't just continue to app for cards for fun and games though.  Unless they are cards you plan to use regularly (a few hundred bucks a month at least) IMO there's no real point to getting them.

Message 5 of 11
UncleB
Credit Mentor

I'm not going to debate the 'wisdom' of opening up a ton of store cards all at once, but I will add that when I think of having multiple store card closures all at once I think of Comenity, not Synchrony.  It's easy to confuse the two since in both cases their primary business is store cards.

I'm also not saying that account closures are impossible with Synchrony - almost anything is possible if the conditions are right.  I'm just saying that Synchrony closures aren't common on here.  Smiley Wink

FWIW, if it were me I would personally work on increasing my current Synchrony credit lines (Credit Solutions is a great asset) and let them age for a bit.  If you have a specific need for one of the other accounts then by all means apply, but I wouldn't apply just for the sake of having another account, at least not at this time. 

Just my 2¢.  Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 11
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Funny you say that UncleB because when reading this I had to remind my self it was Sync, not Comenity they were talking about. I don't recsall hearing too much of this with Synchrony. Comenity, on the other hand has been strange lately, from the threads I've read.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 7 of 11
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

If you have to app for 1 more, though i think you should garden for a year in my opinion to let your cards age and grow, i would just go for the Lowes as thst seems to have most potential to grow. Congrats on your approvals ,even the "prime" ones where even though you only got a small limit, at least you got them. With time and use they should grow . I know there are those with stronger profiles who still cant get those so stand up be proud! Best of luck with your decisions going forwardSmiley Happy
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think i'm done now, won't apply for anything else as I really don't shop at Lowe's or Newegg or TJ Maxx. I do shop at those other stores which why I applied for those cards.

Message 9 of 11
Creditplz
Valued Contributor

Be careful with too much exposure too fast with them... In the span of 3 months I got 84k+ in CL from them but now they're making me go through my second 4506-T....
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.