Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchrony Questions

tag
MyLoFICO
Valued Contributor

Re: Synchrony Questions

It's based mostly on score. You might get an upgrade invite, but the chances are slim. I app'd and got my WM store card in December 2015. 2 weeks ago I app'd again and got approved for the MC. Now I have both. 6k on store card and 7k on the MC. What has changed? My score. When she hits 700 have her app it again. Be prepared though, depending on what else is on her credit she could get another store card or a denial. But, from what I have learned with Synch, they place a lot of value on your score. 

You may think that my situation was a fluke but I did this with my Chevron /Texaco Store card after only 2-3 months of no usage whatsoever. Got the Visa version of it. On this card I reduced my credit limit on the store card to 1k. Then a day or so later I called and requested a CLI on the Visa and got it. This is not a CL transfer and that cannot be done. I did it to reduce my exposure with them in hopes that would get me a better chance of a CLI on the VIsa. I don't know if it helped or not but I got the CLI. 

I also found I got approved for the Stash Visa and Marvel MC after hitting 700. I had a ton of inquiries (24 on TU). 1 baddie and several late payments from back in 2012-2013 before my divorce. My Stash is at 12K, Marvel is 7k, Chevron/Texaco is 5k. Don't wait on the offer. Watch your DW score, app when it hits 700.

Experian: 677 (28) | TransUnion: 697 (27) | Equifax: 684 (6)
Gardening as of: 1-23-2018
Updated 1-25-18
Message 11 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.