Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchrony has their own scoring model now

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Synchrony has their own scoring model now

So I just got my Marvel card in the mail and went to look at my credit score and it said 521... I was like what the FICO and then I noticed it said the source was Synchrony Bank. 

Low of 300, high of 620. 

7353D4B8-5F3A-4CFC-9533-2D6C6A0BF4BA.jpeg

It is sensitive to credit seeking behaviors, actually punishing me more for new accounts in 24 months, inquiries, and the age of my oldest account (which is 5 1/2 years) more than my BK. 

Just another scoring model to look out for I guess. 

In the bottom it says "why is my FICO score different than the one shown on this letter?"

"The credit score we use was developed using industry modeling methods. This credit score may differ from the one you obtain from a credit bureau."

Message 1 of 43
42 REPLIES 42
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Synchrony has their own scoring model now

Well that's a new one 😜

Thanks for sharing this latest SYNCB development.
Message 2 of 43
mikesonthemend
Valued Contributor

This helps explain them dropping the free FICO scores.

Living through Darwinism is so much worse than learning about about it in school.
Message 3 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FinStar wrote:
Well that's a new one 😜

Pretty soon scoring will be meaningless because everyone has their own scores they use. 🤦‍♂️ 

Message 4 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

@mikesonthemend wrote:

This helps explain them dropping the free FICO scores.

Yes it does. 

Message 5 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the update! I’m curious if this is why they went to Vantage Score instead of FICO?
Message 6 of 43
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@FinStar wrote:
Well that's a new one 😜

Just from a random websearch, I find this:

Experian has a score range from 300 to 620. What is that? 

on a creditkarma post.   My surprise is that the post is from 2012!

ETA: add more local, from here in 2015, and Sync bank

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Score-range-300-to-620-from-Synchrony-bank-WTH/td-p/39...

Message 7 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

scoring already is meaningless when i can't get a bank of america card on my good credit that i built all myself

people with no credit of their own, with au cards artificially inflating their score to 800's level and getting approved

people with bk's getting approved on 650's just because they have a longer history

people with co-signed loans or student loans when they're just a kid and aren't even responsible for the loan

and a bank can pull a bankcard score or fico2/8/9 or from any of 3+ beaurus, so your score is high & low simultaneously

and credit scores are all backwards for mortage scores, can't app for anything for years, and they take a middle score...

it's all nonsense

Message 8 of 43
Remedios
Credit Mentor

You did not get it because your oldest card is 8 months old.
Message 9 of 43
The-Credit-Disciple
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

So I just got my Marvel card in the mail and went to look at my credit score and it said 521... I was like what the FICO and then I noticed it said the source was Synchrony Bank. 

Low of 300, high of 620. 

7353D4B8-5F3A-4CFC-9533-2D6C6A0BF4BA.jpeg

It is sensitive to credit seeking behaviors, actually punishing me more for new accounts in 24 months, inquiries, and the age of my oldest account (which is 5 1/2 years) more than my BK. 

Just another scoring model to look out for I guess. 

In the bottom it says "why is my FICO score different than the one shown on this letter?"

"The credit score we use was developed using industry modeling methods. This credit score may differ from the one you obtain from a credit bureau."

I agree I got my Marvel card today and I seen the same thing. They must use a different Model

Message 10 of 43
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.