Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchrony wants $0.90 next month.

tag
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Re: Synchrony wants $0.90 next month.

As a booster for the banks:  you do owe them 90c and if they think their processing costs justify it, that's their decision.   If the bank had overcharged you (generic you) by 90c, I am sure we would see lots of complaints here.   Sure, some do waive, but that shouldn't be an expectation.

Message 11 of 20
WayneSki
Regular Contributor

@Credit12Fico wrote:

@WayneSki wrote:

@NoMoreE46 wrote:

So I forgot to pay my balance Before the statement ending date.  I thought that it would be zeroed out being under $1.00.  However, Synchrony does want the 90 cents.

I remember that BBVA would waive my $1.00 recurring monthly charge every month.

545D3B0E-26FA-4DA4-8D54-3CA0E55A97C1.jpeg

You have to look at it from the banks view as well. If 5 million credit card holders owed them .90-$1.00 on a monthly basis , they would be losing close to 5 million every month if they waived it.

If they had 5 million credit card holders who only owed them $1 on a monthly basis,  they would have serious issues with profitability regardless of any small balance waiver Smiley LOL  In fact, a lender like Synchrony can count on having far more cardholders who revolve balances. 

"5 million" was just for illustration purposes (the original poster was not talking about carrying a balance).  Reading is fundamental....

Message 12 of 20
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@NoMoreE46 wrote:

So I forgot to pay my balance Before the statement ending date.  I thought that it would be zeroed out being under $1.00.  However, Synchrony does want the 90 cents.

All joking aside, I would pay at least $1 ASAP, to avoid trailing interest.

Total revolving limits 587500 (521k reporting) FICO 8: EQ 706 TU 714 EX 721

Message 13 of 20
Credit12Fico
Established Contributor

@WayneSki wrote:

@Credit12Fico wrote:

@WayneSki wrote:

@NoMoreE46 wrote:

You have to look at it from the banks view as well. If 5 million credit card holders owed them .90-$1.00 on a monthly basis , they would be losing close to 5 million every month if they waived it.

If they had 5 million credit card holders who only owed them $1 on a monthly basis,  they would have serious issues with profitability regardless of any small balance waiver Smiley LOL  In fact, a lender like Synchrony can count on having far more cardholders who revolve balances. 

"5 million" was just for illustration purposes (the original poster was not talking about carrying a balance).  Reading is fundamental....

I don't believe I quoted you anywhere. In any case, I too was using the 5 million analogy to suggest it's not all that realistic that a lender would expect all of their cardholders to post $1 balances simultaneously, or if ever. As shown by the lenders who waive small balances, this is not an issue.   I am not in any way debating Synchrony's right to do business however haphazardly as they see fit. I'm only expressing my opinion of how it makes them look from my eye. I doubt they care. 

Message 14 of 20
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

@Credit12Fico wrote:

I would say to call them and speak to agent to take that 90 cent payment and waste their time and see if they are embarassed enough to ask for it, but they will charge you $10 to pay with an operator Smiley LOL

Why would you want to antagonize a CSR for your amusement or pettiness? They're not the ones billing you. I couldn't imagine being upset over $0.90, enough so that I want to call in and mess with someone's job. CSRs get graded on call numbers, length, and how they handled the call. You're not sticking it to the man, you're messing with someone who has no control over how their company handles business. Enough people like you could cost them the raise or promotion they need. 

Message 15 of 20
Credit12Fico
Established Contributor

@Brian_Earl_Spilner wrote:

@Credit12Fico wrote:

I would say to call them and speak to agent to take that 90 cent payment and waste their time and see if they are embarassed enough to ask for it, but they will charge you $10 to pay with an operator Smiley LOL

Why would you want to antagonize a CSR for your amusement or pettiness? They're not the ones billing you. I couldn't imagine being upset over $0.90, enough so that I want to call in and mess with someone's job. CSRs get graded on call numbers, length, and how they handled the call. You're not sticking it to the man, you're messing with someone who has no control over how their company handles business. Enough people like you could cost them the raise or promotion they need. 

I'm afraid you are taking this far too seriously. I did end it with an lol smiley face. Is that not showing for you?

Finally, calling in to make a payment is not "messing with someone's job".  It's their job to take payments. 

Message 16 of 20
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Just a quick PSA, before any further interactions go south over $0.90, let's keep it chill people. Thank you.

ezgif-4-1ff91c3d1f88.gif

Message 17 of 20
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Your bill was higher than mine. NFCU was PIF and this showed up after 7/14 statement posted. Pushed a payment of 5 bucks. Had to be over $1 to PIF. Glad I wasnt late for $20. Trailing interest i guess. Smiley Happy

NFCU.JPG

Message 18 of 20
mau471
Contributor

I accidentally underpaid my account by a single penny a few months ago before the statement cut and didn't realize it, not only did they come for their penny, I didn't realize I had a 1 penny balance so I did not make the make the payment before the due date and I got hit with a $2 minimum interest charge but they were courteous enough to not charge me a late fee for paying it a couple of days past the due date.

Personal
Business

Message 19 of 20
Credit12Fico
Established Contributor

@mau471 wrote:

I accidentally underpaid my account by a single penny a few months ago before the statement cut and didn't realize it, not only did they come for their penny, I didn't realize I had a 1 penny balance so I did not make the make the payment before the due date and I got hit with a $2 minimum interest charge but they were courteous enough to not charge me a late fee for paying it a couple of days past the due date.

I've heard it all now. Smiley LOL 

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.