Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TARGET

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

TARGET

I just approved for target red card. I just read somewhere that they do upgrade to visa down the road. Is it correct?

Thanks

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
tknkrov
Contributor

Re: TARGET

Yes they started me at 200cl and about 4 months put it to 500cl after about 18mo they upgraded me to their visa 1000cl. I think if you are really good at PIF each month they do it faster than that, at least they did for some people.
Message 2 of 11
John060675
Valued Contributor

Yes, a lot of posts on here recommend using it for just sticks of gum or such and PIF each month.  After 6 months they tend to upgrade to the Visa.

Starting Score: 583 EQ, 612 EX, 569 TU
Current Score: 658 EQ, 648 EX, 618 TU
Goal Score: 720 EQ, 720 EX, 720 TU

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Should I call them after 6 months to upgrade or they will just do that?

thanks

Message 4 of 11
John060675
Valued Contributor

If they do not automatically upgrade you, then I would call.  I think they will automatically offer it to you eventually.

Never hurts to call and ask!  I would even do it after 3 months.  Nothing to lose, and a lot to gain!

Starting Score: 583 EQ, 612 EX, 569 TU
Current Score: 658 EQ, 648 EX, 618 TU
Goal Score: 720 EQ, 720 EX, 720 TU

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree. I will clal them after 3 months.

thanks

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I called CS when I got mine - told they review monthly and usually will increase CLI quarterly (also upgrades on this pattern)
Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

hmm. sounds nice. I at this point am sworn not to be apping, but will keep in mind for future ref. wish I had apped for it before macy's as there is no macy's in this area.

a little sad- I got it for when I go to chi-town- (i go at least 2x a year to see mom) and so far they have been sending my great coupons and offers- but I don't see any reason to use and pay ship and hand
(however sometimes it says if you spend over a 100 no S and H- but I don't want to spend 100.)

target would have come in much more handy? are they as good for sending out lots of coupons and sales alerts?

I went against my promise and appd for Kohls as they just opened in this area- haven't used it yet but gosh- they are great too about sending me coupons and gift cards if I use their card. Figure I will use it next mo and a little in Dec. Also Belks as I haven't used it this year and need to buy a "pair of socks". hehehehe

Message Edited by netpanther on 10-20-2007 01:43 PM
Message 8 of 11
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

I've just been all over the Target website, and as best as I can tell, they issue their own cards through something called Target National Bank (no Citi, Chase, GEMB, etc.)

Interesting! I didn't know that there were any stores that did this. Has anyone had any particular experiences, good or bad, with their customer service, etc.?
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

when I called to get statement date, payment date, etc and ask about reporting and cli reviews - the lady was very nice and helpful.  Not sure if I had been out-sourced though... should have asked

BTW - that is one of my pet peeves (and something that WILL turn me off as a customer) - if my CS for an AMERICAN company resides overseas.
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.