Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TJMaxx upgrade question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: TJMaxx upgrade question

I don't think it was a transfer per se. They just asked if we wanted to upgrade and we said yes. I thought of it kind of like when a Discover Secured card graduates Smiley Wink it's the same account, yet just graduated to a new level.
Message 11 of 15
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:
I don't think it was a transfer per se. They just asked if we wanted to upgrade and we said yes. I thought of it kind of like when a Discover Secured card graduates Smiley Wink it's the same account, yet just graduated to a new level.

While it would be great news to many people if Synchrony could now transfer the history on an upgrade, keep in mind the topic of this thread; it's possible your GF's upgraded account might not have reported yet, just like the OP is asking about.  I would love to be wrong about this, though.

FWIW, it has been reported more than once that even a lost card (!) has caused a new account to report; it seems their systems have trouble moving history from one account number to another (which in the case of a lost card is especially annoying). 

Of course things change all the time, and this would definitely be a change in the right direction.

Message 12 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hmm that's quite odd. Well Walmart is our only experience with them and while they've been shady in handing out the promo offer we signed up under they gave a hefty CLI and upgraded it to a MC.

So far it shows the store card transitioned account as "open" and "Pays as agreed" for the past 3 months since the upgrade it doesn't show as "closed" at all which is what I'd expect if that's the case.
Message 13 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

All of my sync upgrades now report two trades, the original store card closed and the new upgrade bankcard open. It's the same for any that upgraded that I was AU on, my CRs now show two trades for each account.  As UncleB stated it would be great if they are now pulling over the history of the original store card that lead to the upgrade. That would be backdating and helps your credit AAOA. 

In most cases, the upgrade for me, has reported in the same week the store card reported closed to the CRAs. OP check your CRAs and see if that original store card is updating balance wise still and if the limit is now your new bankcard limit. If so that may be a good thing.

Message 14 of 15
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

OK, just checked CCT and my closed TJM card is reporting correctly. It is showing a $0 balance and the old CL of $2k. What is interesting tho is tht the new MC says Ive been a member since 2014. Kinda hoping when this finally reports, that maybe the open date will be backdated tho Im not holding my breath.

Matt, if you check your credit report you will see that your Walmart account is still showing as a store card. All Walmat SCs start with a "6" while the MC version starts with a "5". If your report is showing a MC number, then you are truely lucky and congrats on your upgrade

Dont know if I made this clear, but I was the one who closed the store account. I waited until I had the MC version in my wallet and that It was operating correctly.

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.