Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TJX Rewards Card In Full Effect With GE

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

TJX Rewards Card In Full Effect With GE

Now that GE is backing the card I wish I would have kept my account open. I see you can now apply under the GE name the Interest rate is 26% on the store card an the Mastercard an that is the prime rate they got to be kidding me.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
smc733
Valued Contributor

Re: TJX Rewards Card In Full Effect With GE

lolwut?

You wanted to keep the account open, but yet the interest rate is 26%....

BofA Cash Rewards VS - $25k | Citi Double Cash World MC - $18.9k | Amex BCE - $50k | Discover it - $50k | Chase Freedom Unlimited VS- $10k | Barclay Ring $5k |
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@smc733 wrote:

lolwut?

LMAO the only reason I would have kept it because I know GE would have granted CLI every 4 to 6 months with a soft when I had the card with Chase the interest rate was not all that better I think 22%. But no chance of a CLI without a hard pull. I never carry a balance on store cards. I use them like charge cards PIF every month.

Message 3 of 9
smc733
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@smc733 wrote:

lolwut?

LMAO the only reason I would have kept it because I know GE would have granted CLI every 4 to 6 months with a soft when I had the card with Chase the interest rate was not all that better I think 22%. But no chance of a CLI without a hard pull. I never carry a balance on store cards. I use them like charge cards PIF every month.

That's all store cards are good for, the APR on everything GEMB has is insane...

The downside is, despite the regular CLIs, they're usually crappy (to the tune of $300-$500).

BofA Cash Rewards VS - $25k | Citi Double Cash World MC - $18.9k | Amex BCE - $50k | Discover it - $50k | Chase Freedom Unlimited VS- $10k | Barclay Ring $5k |
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@smc733 wrote:

The downside is, despite the regular CLIs, they're usually crappy (to the tune of $300-$500).

Something is better then nothing started out with a Sams store card with GE $400 starting CL 4 years later my CL is $5000

Message 5 of 9
addicted_to_credit
Established Contributor

I have a JCP card thru GEMB never ever used it and it had a 400 limit when i got it after 6 months (I forgot it) as I was requesting CLI's from gemb they upped the Cl on the JCP card to 1500 but my amazon store card I use heavily and after 4-5 approved CLI request its still not at 1500 but either way unless your score tanks or you miss a payment you know in 4 months you can get a CLI it may not be great but it is something

undefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedMy ImageMy ImageMy ImageMy Image
Message 6 of 9
smc733
Valued Contributor

It is still something, but for prime customers that get CLIs in the thousands at a time, a $300 CLI is discouraging, to say the least.

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@addicted_to_credit wrote:

I have a JCP card thru GEMB never ever used it and it had a 400 limit when i got it after 6 months (I forgot it) as I was requesting CLI's from gemb they upped the Cl on the JCP card to 1500 but my amazon store card I use heavily and after 4-5 approved CLI request its still not at 1500 but either way unless your score tanks or you miss a payment you know in 4 months you can get a CLI it may not be great but it is something

So agree an everyone's credit it's not all that great where they can be approved for a major credit card. Let along get thousand dollar CLI

Message 8 of 9
smc733
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@addicted_to_credit wrote:

So agree an everyone's credit it's not all that great where they can be approved for a major credit card. Let along get thousand dollar CLI

Agreed, GEMB has its place.  All I was saying was that people who had this card through chase (Prime to Superprime), may be disappointed in the terms GEMB will offer.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.