Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Target MC Upgrade

tag
MrsCHX
Valued Contributor

Target MC Upgrade

I'd posted awhile back wondering what the benefits were of taking any of these store card upgrades aside from saying you have a "major cc" vs "store cc". I don't care about that (or insurance risk scores or whatever people's observations on store card = bad)...I do care about my AAoA as it used to be very healthy and has dropped considerably during rebuilding. I know Synch creates new accounts and therefore I wouldn't take any upgrades on their cards. 

Target just increased my CL to $5,000 (from $2k; 14 months since opening) and sent me the MC upgrade. I know that they don't add a new account to your bureau but figured I'd decline it beause high APR and no rewards. 

Well it does come with some other rewards! Standard 5% off at Target but also 2% on gas and dining (Yes, I also get 2% on gas on my AMEX BCE and get 3% on my Marvel on dining).  1% on all other purchases. 

Still not sure I'm going to take the ugprade, but it's interesting to note.

NFCU: $25,000; PenFed Power Cash Rewards: $3,500; PenFed Gold: $2,500; Capital One: $2,300; Nordstrom Visa: $2,000; Credit One: $1,250
Amazon: 800; Kohls: $1,500
2 REPLIES 2
MASTERNC
Frequent Contributor

Re: Target MC Upgrade

I don't have the card but I have heard it is true Chip-and-PIN like the store card.  If it has no FTF, that is a winner in my book, especially if you travel out of the country (even if just as a backup card).

Message 2 of 3
MrsCHX
Valued Contributor

Re: Target MC Upgrade

Yeah, I saw that a lot as a benefit. I literally never travel outside of the country. But then my kids are 11, 16, 16, 17 and 18! I can't afford to! Smiley Sad Smiley Very Happy

NFCU: $25,000; PenFed Power Cash Rewards: $3,500; PenFed Gold: $2,500; Capital One: $2,300; Nordstrom Visa: $2,000; Credit One: $1,250
Amazon: 800; Kohls: $1,500
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.