Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Target red card

tag
razzy116
Established Contributor

Target red card

How does Target give credit limit increases and graduate the red card to  the mastercard? Thank you and be safe.

Starting Score: 663
Current Score: c669
Goal Score: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Target red card

I think they do auto CLIs every 6 months... ? I'm due for one this month, my first one, but who knows? As for the MC version, it seems like they decide that and you can't ask for it. 

Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

TD gives increases when they feel like it. There is no schedule. I went three years without one at first, then a period of increases every two months, nothing for a year until last November, and nothing since. It's completely up to them.

As for graduating to the MC version, I've read reports of their consideration of accounts being once per year, either in January, August, or one other month. No clue what is correct. I have seen a few mentions of $6000 being the MC threshold, whether that means an increase to $6000 upon conversion, or reaching that on the store card and being converted I don't know, but I do think some have been converted at lower limits.

Cliff notes - TD does what they want.

Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had my TC for 4 years and realized

@razzy116 wrote:

How does Target give credit limit increases and graduate the red card to  the mastercard? Thank you and be safe.

I never got an increase. I called and asked for one and they went up $250 lol. 

Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@razzy116 wrote:

FYI, the Target MasterCard is a RedCard. They all are. You have the store card (Target Credit Card). The other RedCard is the Target Debit Card. 

Message 5 of 14
MunchieMom
Established Member

The Target/TD Bank redcard is like Nessie. No ones know when it will appear. The regular redcard generally shares a CLI 1-3times a year. My last one was around this time juuuuuust before the holiday rush. Well played Target... well played. LOL!

Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MunchieMom wrote:

The Target/TD Bank redcard is like Nessie. No ones know when it will appear. The regular redcard generally shares a CLI 1-3times a year. My last one was around this time juuuuuust before the holiday rush. Well played Target... well played. LOL!

Same for my last two increases, on 11/27/2018 and 11/26/2019. Just in time for Black Friday. How thoughtful of you, TD Bank...

Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have had my Target Red Card for a little over a year now. Initial SL was $300 and after 3 months it was auto increased to $500. Since then there have been no increases. I spend $50-100 dollars on the card each month but also reports as $0, since paid in full by the reporting date. I would like to have a little higher of a level incase I ever want to make a large purchase for TV. 

Message 8 of 14
coreyb80
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I have had my Target Red Card for a little over a year now. Initial SL was $300 and after 3 months it was auto increased to $500. Since then there have been no increases. I spend $50-100 dollars on the card each month but also reports as $0, since paid in full by the reporting date. I would like to have a little higher of a level incase I ever want to make a large purchase for TV. 

Target CLIs have been little to none around here since the pandemic.  I received one in April last.  I hit my 2 year mark this month and nothing yet.  Someone stated in another post they may be holding out until Black Friday to provide increases.

Message 9 of 14
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

During my rebuild, I was approved for a $1K SL RedCard Store account.  I had some small CLIs that took me to $1900.   I then got the MC upgrade in August 2017 and that came with a CLI to $4K.   For a while, I had pretty steady CLIs every 6 months up until this year.  I'm currently sitting at $13K.   

I haven't seen any CLI posts for any version of RedCard since COVID-19 shutdowns became widespread.   Maybe they are holding out for Black Friday, but I doubt it.  I honestly think Black Friday will be very different this year.   

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.