Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Targeted $50 Statement Credit Offer from Shop Your Way MC

tag
ptatohed
Valued Contributor

Targeted $50 Statement Credit Offer from Shop Your Way MC

One reason I got this card is because I read how lucrative the targeted offers can be in addition to a decent rewards structure.  

This one is my first offer since getting the card last month.  $50 statement credit for $1500 spend today through Oct 14.

I'm still in my 90 day SUB earning window so I assume this is on top of the $225 SUB statement credit I'm working on.

I'm stoked to see this but $1500 spend in 30 days is a tall ask.  I wish I could spend $1500 in 30 days using the 5% and 3% categories but if I want to meet this offer, it would take spending in a lot of 1% categories (insurance, utilities, etc.).  I get 3% in those 1% categories now with AOD.  To make an exaggerated calculation, if I spent all $1500 in 1% categories and didn't get the usual 3% with AOD, I'd lose out on $30 in order to make $50, so really only a $20 benefit.  Heck, who am I kidding?, I'm sure I'll still go for it.  Smiley Very Happy  

Capture.JPG

5% CB rotating: ;
Everyday 3% CB: ;
Everyday 5%: ;
Companion Card: ;
Everyday 2.2% CB: ;
Retired to sock drawer after AOD (kept alive w/ 1 purchase every 6 mo): ;
On my radar: ;
Still Waiting for an Invite: ;
No hope:
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
ptatohed
Valued Contributor

Re: Targeted $50 Statement Credit Offer from Shop Your Way MC

I know this offer doesn't apply to too many people at this point in time but, for the record, let me share a quick note.  The [Activate now] button you see in my e-mail screen shot above kept taking me to a dead link.  I waited patiently a few days but same thing.  So, from my citi SYW dashboard, I contacted customer service via secure messaging to enquire.  Within 24 hours they replied back and told me they activated the deal for me.  Of course I still only have through Oct 14 but at least it's active.  Smiley Happy    

No hope:
Message 2 of 4
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@ptatohed wrote:

I'm still in my 90 day SUB earning window so I assume this is on top of the $225 SUB statement credit I'm working on.

You assume correctly.   If you have multiple offers in play on your Sears card any given purchase will count toward every offer that it qualifies for.   I've had up to 4 active promotions ongoing simultaneously and a lot of purchases, usually either grocery, gas, restaurant,  or online spend that each counted toward 3 of them.

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 3 of 4
ptatohed
Valued Contributor

@coldfusion wrote:

@ptatohed wrote:

You assume correctly.   If you have multiple offers in play on your Sears card any given purchase will count toward every offer that it qualifies for.   I've had up to 4 active promotions ongoing simultaneously and a lot of purchases, usually either grocery, gas, restaurant,  or online spend that each counted toward 3 of them.

Thanks cf for the confirmation.  As I suspected but I think the irony is a tad comical.  If I meet this second, newest offer presented to me (spending $1500 in the next 30 days for $50 credit, first offered to me some 45 days in to my 90 day intro period), by definition, I am going to meet the original intro offer of spending $1500 in the first 90 days for $225 credit.  But, hey, who am I to complain?  The more offers, the better, right?  Smiley Very Happy   

No hope:
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.