Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Think I might try for....

tag
CreditKick
Valued Member

Think I might try for....

The citizens bank cash plus mastercard.  It's got 10% cash back on gas for the first 6 months, up to 500 in purchases per month.  Pretty handy right about now!  If approved, that'll put me at 7/24, and in a couple months, I'll apply for the chase Amazon card, and we'll have another dp for the 5/24 or not rule for that card!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
calisig
Regular Contributor

Re: Think I might try for....

Pretty decent card. I have thought about the Cash+ also. Basically the 10% on up to $500 for 6 months = a $300 SUB, assuming you max it out - which should be easy, since that also applies to dining and entertainment.

According to it's guide to benefits currently at their website, it is supposed to have cell phone insurance too. But I have read reports online that Citizens dropped that back in October.

I just got the Freedom Flex for it's 5% 1st year gas bonus on $6k, which I plan on maxing out for $300, but it also came with a $200 SUB, which made it a better value for me. 

let us know how you like it if you get it, and I'm curious for a first hand report on if it does or does not include cell phone insurance anymore.

good luck

13Oct22 Exp F8: 812
Message 2 of 6
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

In my Oct 2021 statement it said that cell phone coverage would end Dec 31 2021.   That is probably true for new card holders as well and the benefit guide is out of date, but if it is an important decision point, try calling and asking (which might not get an accurate answer...)

Message 3 of 6
GatorGuy
Valued Contributor

If you are really interested in the Amazon card you should check for a pre-approval now and if have one, app now. Otherwise your odds of an approval will dramatically decrease.

Message 4 of 6
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

@CreditKick wrote:

The citizens bank cash plus mastercard.  It's got 10% cash back on gas for the first 6 months, up to 500 in purchases per month.  Pretty handy right about now!  If approved, that'll put me at 7/24, and in a couple months, I'll apply for the chase Amazon card, and we'll have another dp for the 5/24 or not rule for that card!

There is an in-branch offer that is 10% back for all purchases for the first $500 for six months, not just limited to gas.  (I don't think I spend $500 in gas over 6 months, much less per month, but pun intended YMMV.)  Worth considering that since it's a 1.8% cash back card, any flat 2% card with a SUB greater than $246 will net you more at exactly that $3000 spend, and any spend beyond that would bring that number down.

Message 5 of 6
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@K-in-Boston wrote:

@CreditKick wrote:

There is an in-branch offer that is 10% back for all purchases for the first $500 for six months, not just limited to gas.  (I don't think I spend $500 in gas over 6 months, much less per month, but pun intended YMMV.)  Worth considering that since it's a 1.8% cash back card, any flat 2% card with a SUB greater than $246 will net you more at exactly that $3000 spend, and any spend beyond that would bring that number down.

Right, wish is was 2%!   On the plus side, no FTF and, as I have written before, at least for me it never complains about foreign transactions so very easy to use.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.