Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Total visa

tag
Fester82
Established Member

Total visa

I got 2 cards from them when I first started my journey to fixing my finances.  I am planning on paying those Pig

Off first and canceling them. I know in the short term it will hurt my credit but it's only 600. Plus the fact I don't like is no matter the balance the minimum payment will never go below $41. I think this is the right thing to do. 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
sznthescore
Established Contributor

Re: Total visa

Sound like a good plan. Side Note: Not trying to be rude or anything... Garden for a little while and stop acquiring fee harvester cards. Its the cost you pay to build credit in annual fees which can end up being expensive. Not to mention the APR if you carry balances.

REBUILDER CARDS

Goal: FICO 700+
Message 2 of 6
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Fester82 wrote:

I got 2 cards from them when I first started my journey to fixing my finances.  I am planning on paying those Pig

Off first and canceling them. I know in the short term it will hurt my credit but it's only 600. Plus the fact I don't like is no matter the balance the minimum payment will never go below $41. I think this is the right thing to do. 

@Fester82,

Total Visa is issued by "Bank of Missouri" or should I say "Misery" 

I would close them ASAP.

(Click image to enlarge)(Click image to enlarge)

Message 3 of 6
Fester82
Established Member

Glad I'm starting to learn more.  Thank you,  these 2 cards will be on my pay off and cancel list. 

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@Fester82 wrote:

@Fester82,

Total Visa is issued by "Bank of Missouri" or should I say "Misery" 

I would close them ASAP.

(Click image to enlarge)(Click image to enlarge)

Message 4 of 6
Fester82
Established Member

Your not being rude.  They did their job,  got my score up enough to get better cards. Yes I joined the gardening club late last month.  Thank you for your advice. 

Message 5 of 6
Zoostation1
Valued Contributor

Amen to closing them. Not providing value and full of fees says it's a smart decison!

Rebuild Started Nov 2021
June 2022 FICO 8:
June 2022 FICO 9:
April 2024 FICO 8:
April 2024 FICO 9:
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.