Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Toys ‘R’ Us Card to become 2% MasterCard

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Toys ‘R’ Us Card to become 2% MasterCard

Per DoC, Synchrony may be product changing the Toys ‘R’ Us MasterCard to a 2% Synchrony MasterCard. Per an email, it appears this card will be useable anywhere MasterCard is accepted.  I’d say this is a win for any holders of the soon to be defunct store MasterCard. 

Notes: 

-For qualified members. 

-Currently, this only provides info regarding the MC version of store card. 

-2% back is paid out as statement credit. 

Link: https://www.doctorofcredit.com/toys-r-us-credit-card-to-become-2-synchrony-mastercard/

2A99FEAC-5551-44DC-B7D6-21CC2004EFB3.png

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Toys ‘R’ Us Card to become 2% MasterCard

I mean hey it could be much much worse. I don't know if they are overall as liberal with tradelines and increases as they are/were with lowes, amazon, carecredit, etc.... but after all the blue things and CLDs.....and ungodly high APRs....if its your oldest tradeline then sure why not, but yeah, far easier to get single digit interest rate card with generous limits if you do the legwork.

all in all, a win regardless i am shocked honestly 

Message 2 of 15
carcdr
Established Member

This won't be the PayPal card. It's going to be a non-cobranded card that pays 2% in statement credit every month.

I doubt you'd be able to app for it, but if you could, the fact that this card won't have a points balance to worry about and no minimum redemption would arguably make this the best 2% card for people who want to keep things simple and don't want to bother with PayPal. Sign-up bonus aside, I'd rather have this thing than a Double Cash.

Discover It @ $3,300, May 2017 | Amex Blue Cash Everyday @ $7,500, July 2017 | Citi Double Cash @ $5,300, June 2018 | Chase Amazon Prime VS @ $3,000, July 2018 | Chase Freedom @ $5,100, October 2018 | Wells Fargo Cash Wise @ $2,000, February 2019 | Walmart MasterCard @ $3,000, March 2019 | Fidelity Rewards VS @ $6,000, August 2019
Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

If this is true, I think it’s cool they’re doing this allowing people to keep a trade line. Lots of company like Comenity just close your card if their partnership ends with the entity or retailer.
Message 4 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Barclay changed the Sallie Mae Rewards card into the Commence MasterCard, turned a diamond into a turd lol
Message 5 of 15
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Barclay changed the Sallie Mae Rewards card into the Commence MasterCard, turned a diamond into a turd lol

And then turned the Commence into ... the Rewards Card.   Which doesn't undo the transformation!

Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

That email speaks about only the Mastercard version though. Nothing was speceiffically said about the basic R US store card.

I can't imagine they would turn that into a MC. 

Message 7 of 15
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Lol, this made me laugh as i read normal normal than bam Smiley Happy +1 f4 THANKSSmiley Wink

Message 8 of 15
woodyman100
Valued Contributor

The article says for “Qualified card members”.

Could be that not all MC holders will get the offer

NFCU-ICCU-EECU-PSECU-DoverFCU-DCUFCU-Union Square FCU-Signature FCU-AODFCU-RedstoneFCU-USAllianceFCU-Amarillo National Bank-BHG MC-CapitalOne-CapitalOne Biz-Regions-Goldman Sachs (Apple/GM)-Evolve-Fifth Third-Gemini-Huntington-Imprint-USBank-Pinnacle-Cardless-John Deere-Discover-BofA-BofA Biz-Celtic Bank (M1)-Chase-Chase Biz-Amex-Amex Biz-Wells Fargo-Commerce-FNBO-Citi-Citi Biz-Synchrony-Synchrony Biz-Target TD-Third Coast Bank-USAA-Amegy-Amegy Biz-Dell-Citizens Biz-Comenity-Comenity Biz-Bread (Comenity)-DSNB-Webbank-Bill
Message 9 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
If this is true, I think it’s cool they’re doing this allowing people to keep a trade line. Lots of company like Comenity just close your card if their partnership ends with the entity or retailer.

Yup! TigerDirect And Comenity had a beef so my acct got closed ever since that happen Comenity won't touch me.

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.