Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two AMEX Sign Up Bonuses?

tag
AvadaKedavra
Established Contributor

Two AMEX Sign Up Bonuses?

I keep reading that you can only get one AMEX signup bonus per lifetime, but I've gotten two. I was approved for the ED and PRG within days of eachother and have confirmed by two CSRs that the signup bonus on both cards are active. Did I slip through the cracks or is this normal? 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

Re: Two AMEX Sign Up Bonuses?

@AvadaKedavra wrote:

I keep reading that you can only get one AMEX signup bonus per lifetime, but I've gotten two. I was approved for the ED and PRG within days of eachother and have confirmed by two CSRs that the signup bonus on both cards are active. Did I slip through the cracks or is this normal? 

you get the terms that you applied for.....that's why so many will app for the 2nd or 3rd card in "stealth" mode. If you are a current cardmember the bonus offers will not show up, but if you go to AMEX site in stealth mode then they won't recognize you and you get the bonuses offered to you.  You probably app'd for both before setting up an online account and whatnot so the system didn't recognize you and allowed the bonuses to be available.

Learning from my past and rebuilding..

BK discharged 1/10/17
scores: EQ 659 | TU 630 | EX 659

QS 3.8K | WF 500 | Cabela's 3k | ACU 500 |

Message 2 of 3
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

Re: Two AMEX Sign Up Bonuses?

@AvadaKedavra wrote:

I thought it was per card, so in your example you will never be able to get prg or ed signup bonuses again , if you cancelled cards. So if you try in two or three years to get signup bonus with prg you won't be able to get it , that is how i understand their new policy. 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.