Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two Chase Applications in One Day

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Two Chase Applications in One Day

So I know this topic is addressed tons of places, but I am asking specifically for anyone who has recent experience in a similar situation.. not for someone to regurgitate what we already know about 5/24, 2/90, 2/30, 8/467 or whatever. I have an interest in 2 Chase cards; the Marriott Rewards (Personal) and United Explorer (Personal). I have increased sign-up offers set to expire in the next week or so, and I do actually want the cards so makes sense to apply now. I'm at 1/24 (2/24 if you count Chase business cards) and my most recent openings were a Sapphire Reserve and Ink Preferred in early January (been over 90 days for both). Only applied/approved for a CitiBusiness card since. My question is, will applying for both at once be an issue with Chase? I use my Sapphire Reserve and Ink and really don't want to deal with getting my accounts shutdown. I want the new cards but not worth causing an issue.

My profile is TU 771, EQ 727, EX 741. No new a accounts since 2014. 3 inquiries in last year across all 3.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Two Chase Applications in One Day

@Anonymous wrote:
So I know this topic is addressed tons of places, but I am asking specifically for anyone who has recent experience in a similar situation.. not for someone to regurgitate what we already know about 5/24, 2/90, 2/30, 8/467 or whatever. I have an interest in 2 Chase cards; the Marriott Rewards (Personal) and United Explorer (Personal). I have increased sign-up offers set to expire in the next week or so, and I do actually want the cards so makes sense to apply now. I'm at 1/24 (2/24 if you count Chase business cards) and my most recent openings were a Sapphire Reserve and Ink Preferred in early January (been over 90 days for both). Only applied/approved for a CitiBusiness card since. My question is, will applying for both at once be an issue with Chase? I use my Sapphire Reserve and Ink and really don't want to deal with getting my accounts shutdown. I want the new cards but not worth causing an issue.

My profile is TU 771, EQ 727, EX 741. No new a accounts since 2014. 3 inquiries in last year across all 3.

Sounds like a low risk if you only opened 2 accounts since 2014 (not counting the ones you are looking at). Many cases of shutdown solely due to new account was because of hitting chase or multiple banks hard during a short period.

But just FYI the marriott one is not showing as a limited time or special offer on the public site, so it may or may not end on the 5/3 as in the email. 

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the input. I kind of assumed that my situation wasn't one of the extreme examples that have led to a shutdown, but I was curious if anyone had any experience with this since Chase has (seemingly) gotten a little tighter with credit. Also, good point on the Marriott card bonus.. Wish I had some confirmation that it went outlast that expiration.

Should also add that my utilization is <1% and I always PIF.  Haven't paid down any huge balances recently, which also seems to raise a red flag.

I know it sounds like I'm sure I'll be fine.. Just looking for some reassurances from people who know a lot more than I do abou this topic.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I didn't app for 2 cards in one day but I did 5 days apart and got approved for both...not instantly though. First one was Unlimited Freedom, I've got 30 mail response, called the number 2 days after and auto voice said You're Approved...then 2 days later applied for Saphire Preferred and I've got the same 30 day mail response. Called this morning the number and automatically transferred the call to represantative. she asked only 2 questions and she congratulated me for Saphire too.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I didn't app for 2 cards in one day but I did 5 days apart and got approved for both...not instantly though. First one was Unlimited Freedom, I've got 30 mail response, called the number 2 days after and auto voice said You're Approved...then 2 days later applied for Saphire Preferred and I've got the same 30 day mail response. Called this morning the number and automatically transferred the call to represantative. she asked only 2 questions and she congratulated me for Saphire too.

A repeat of my exact experience.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks for the input. I kind of assumed that my situation wasn't one of the extreme examples that have led to a shutdown, but I was curious if anyone had any experience with this since Chase has (seemingly) gotten a little tighter with credit. Also, good point on the Marriott card bonus.. Wish I had some confirmation that it went outlast that expiration.

Should also add that my utilization is <1% and I always PIF.  Haven't paid down any huge balances recently, which also seems to raise a red flag.

I know it sounds like I'm sure I'll be fine.. Just looking for some reassurances from people who know a lot more than I do abou this topic.

My personal take is that they are as tight as 5/24 (i.e. they are fine with people under that, in general) 

Have never seen any shutdowns (due to 'too many accounts/INQ') for people under 5/24 either (well, if you somehow got all 5 in 2 months, then it could be different).

So your case seems solid, but I'm not themSmiley Happy

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.