Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two Discover IT Cash Back?

tag
Ezk37
Established Member

Two Discover IT Cash Back?

Is it possible with discover to own two of the exact same card? I've seen people in the forums with two pictures of the same card (Disco IT Cash Back) and it sparked my curiosity. Thanks in advance for the help! 

Signature coming shortly.
Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
Irv02
Established Contributor

Re: Two Discover IT Cash Back?

Yes.   You can have 2 cash back Disco cards.   I do.

Message 2 of 18
NoMoreE46
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

Yup,  many here have two cards should they max out a quarterly cateogory.   For instance, I maxed out the 5% Restaurant for July - Sept on card 1.   

Message 3 of 18
kilroy8
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Yes, but I think they require at least a year before getting the second one. 

Message 4 of 18
PandaGirl77
Regular Contributor

Didnt know til now, thanks for putting the question out there! Now I might be able to get another cool design  LOL!

Message 5 of 18
NoMoreE46
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

@PandaGirl77 

You can replace your current card design with another at any time.  I am on my 5th/6th NHL team myself.

Message 6 of 18
calyx
Super Contributor

What's nice is that since you only get 1/year, you can keep churning that cashback match after the first year.
Once you finish out your cashback match year (when you have two), close one and then open a new one.  Sucks for your aging metrics, but the money might be worth it to you.

Happy practitioner of AZE7or8or9or10 | Team Finances > FICO
Message 7 of 18
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

I had 2 at a time for a while. Got the iT and then the 2nd. First one was 20+APR, 2nd after building history and scores went up after BK the 2nd was 13.4APR. Once the 2cd got the match. I combined the 2 to the 1st iT and thats how I got the 17k CL on the iT. Many luv button approvals on both.

Message 8 of 18
PandaGirl77
Regular Contributor

@NoMoreE46 wrote:

@PandaGirl77 

You can replace your current card design with another at any time.  I am on my 5th/6th NHL team myself.

@NoMoreE46 @It's fun how they have so many. Must be great for a hockey fan they have all those choices. I can't give up my sun face I think it's so cool! Still very nice I can get a second down the line.

Message 9 of 18
5KRunner
Frequent Contributor

Yes. I called to cancel my Discover it Miles and they offered to convert it to a second Cash Back instead (which I declined).

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.