cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

(UPDATED: Notices mailed.) Comenity HSN cc holders acquired by Synchrony Aug. 2019

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: UPDATED: Notices mailed. Comenity HSN cc holders acquired by Synchrony Aug. 2019

wouldnt doubt cap1 pulls the samr thing on walmart accounts

Message 41 of 54
GApeachy
Super Contributor

Re: UPDATED: Notices mailed. Comenity HSN cc holders acquired by Synchrony Aug. 2019

@Anonymous wrote:

Idk, I hate losing my second oldest acct. since my rebuild.  It's the oldest acct. on my kids reports (they are AU's). Comenity csr warned me today when I ordered a new card for daughter that that might change. 

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 42 of 54
Creditbuilder36
Frequent Contributor

HSN from Comenity Capitol Bank to Synchrony Bank ......

So i just recieved a letter in the mail stating that as of Sept 1 Synchrony Bank will be taking over the HSN card ...  oh Boy this should be interesting will  since they seem to be taking over quite a bit of accounts lately... And closing them as well the decreases my limit on 2 of my accounts Zulily and Tj Maxx and completely closed my Banana Republic card 

Message 43 of 54
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

FWIW when Capital One took over the HSBC portfolio in 2013 all the history carried over (I kept my original account open date). 

There's a lot of speculation on all of the pending/in-process changeovers (Walmart, HSN, Paypal Credit) but none of us will know for certain until it actually happens.

As for the Comenity to Synchrony changes, we all know Synch can be a 'mixed bag' with account ages (and upgrades are always a new account) but in this case I would hope that they would be a bit more thoughtful since literally millions of accounts will be impacted. 

I tend to think Synchrony will go the route of least resistance (keep the account age), if for no other reason than to minimize work for themselves (CSR calls, CFPB complaints, etc.) but that's just my speculation, which of course is no more valid than anybody else's.

Message 44 of 54
Anonymous
Not applicable

i know its july and im ready for a update or news release from cap 1 and walmart.

Message 45 of 54
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: (UPDATED: Notices mailed.) Comenity HSN cc holders acquired by Synchrony Aug. 2019

Received mine today
Message 46 of 54
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: (UPDATED: Notices mailed.) Comenity HSN cc holders acquired by Synchrony Aug. 2019

So what happens to the old Comenity terms of the old account when Synchrony takes over? It seems Synchrony APR is sligthly higher accorss the board compared to Comenity. 

My Mother has an HSN account with them and did receive the letter last week as well. 

Message 47 of 54
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Experian says newly acquired HSN acct. will lower AAOA (?)

When a bank buys another banks accounts they have to keep the open date so it will not show as a new account, just that the trade line moved from one bank to another.

Message 48 of 54
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Re: Experian says newly acquired HSN acct. will lower AAOA (?)

With Synchrony, if you upgrade a store card to a MC/VISA, they will close the store card and open a new tradeline for the bankcard. Also, if this happens, they do not carry over the old history for the new bankcard

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 49 of 54
Anonymous
Not applicable

HSN card switch to Sync info

So checking my Fako on CK my HSN tradeline via Comenity was closed and reopened under Sync.  Naturally I went over to see if I could still login and nope.  I called the number on the HSN site for Sync and they had to verify me and gave me a brand spanking new account number.  I was able to get all set up again in under 2 minutes.  Sync dropped the ball here but I figured I'd save a few people a headache and to recommend calling Sync to get your new account number and set up again as that will happen faster than getting your new card info in the mail. 

Message 50 of 54
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.