cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Bank Altitude Reserve approval odds

tag
bourgogne
Valued Contributor

Re: US Bank Altitude Reserve approval odds

Hi, swung by only to really say that the 0/6 rule that someone posted is nonsense, this I know first hand.  curious, what is holding down your scores, is your mortgage or auto loan <1 year?  also curious, why do you want the card?  did you get full subs with the chase cards?  if you are a sub hound then bang out the cip and build with chase.  your limits are really low on the chase cards, my vote is either a denial or a toy limit.  usb to me is just penfed in different clothing, they like super clean profiles, no self employment, etc. 

Message 21 of 62
frank784
Contributor

Re: US Bank Altitude Reserve approval odds

Not sure what's holding the scores down. Had bad credit in the past but got almost everything removed. Mortgage is only 7 months old so that's not helping. 

 

I'm sorry but what is sup hound and banging out the cip mean? I want the card to raise my overall credit limits and I think it's a decent card to have with an effective annual fee of $75 after the credit. 

 

Chase has been good to me so far but I don't have much time with them yet. I have a Southwest Premier card that I started July of 16 ($7000 SL and no increases yet), a CSP that I recently product changed to a Freedom started December 2016 ($12K starting and no increase yet), and a CSR started March 2017 ($13K starting limit and no increase yet). I read the auto increases are semi rare and I didn't want to do a HP with them yet for a CLI. 

 

Thanks

Message 22 of 62
Shadowfactor
Valued Contributor

Re: US Bank Altitude Reserve approval odds

Good data point for the Altitude Reserve that it can show up as a preapproval. One of the bankers at my branch told me that it wouldn’t show up. They don’t seem to know very much about credit cards in the branch. Wasn’t the first time I’ve gotten incorrect infomation about credit products.





Total Revolving Limits $254,800

Message 23 of 62
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: US Bank Altitude Reserve approval odds

If you were going to garden for six months anyway, then go into a branch and apply. If denied, you were going to wait another six months anyway.
Message 24 of 62
bourgogne
Valued Contributor

Re: US Bank Altitude Reserve approval odds


wrote:

Not sure what's holding the scores down. Had bad credit in the past but got almost everything removed. Mortgage is only 7 months old so that's not helping. 

 

I'm sorry but what is sup hound and banging out the cip mean? I want the card to raise my overall credit limits and I think it's a decent card to have with an effective annual fee of $75 after the credit. 

 

Chase has been good to me so far but I don't have much time with them yet. I have a Southwest Premier card that I started July of 16 ($7000 SL and no increases yet), a CSP that I recently product changed to a Freedom started December 2016 ($12K starting and no increase yet), and a CSR started March 2017 ($13K starting limit and no increase yet). I read the auto increases are semi rare and I didn't want to do a HP with them yet for a CLI. 

 

Thanks


sub = sign up bonus.  cip is the ink preferred.  you travel a bit?  the usba is nice but its credit is diff than the csr.  increases with chase are a pipe dream, except for moving limits how you start is how you finish.  I would stand pat or if you are under 5/24 get the cip.  personally, I much prefer lines that do not report, allows me better control.  You are not asking but I would make your profile perfect and work with what you have and not apply for a thing.  My method is simple, I pay the day after a statement cuts.  Always.  I learned a lot around this place.  Having a strategy is everything.  I seldom look at my credit anymore, but I just did, is you want yours to look like this then its going to take time.  I don’t understand your pif comment, I have a lot of credit, but I only have $100 or so report on a single card per month.  this is not rocket science.  usb can and might put you through the ringer for this card, to me it’s not worth it imo

 

013118 F8.PNG

Message 25 of 62
frank784
Contributor

Re: US Bank Altitude Reserve approval odds

Thank you for the clarification and great work on your score. The PIF comment was to state that I don't leave balances on my card but I don't have a set date I pay. If you suggest PIF the day after the statement cuts I can start making that a habit. 

 

I do travel a bit. Between sign up bonuses and minor spending I have about 200K Ultimate reward points and about 25K Southwest points left. I fly for fun about 8-12 times per year domestically. The CSR is a good card for me so far and I eat out a lot and travel a good amount throughout the year. I am currently 6/24 so the CIP isn't an option until about 6 more months. 

 

What lines are you referring to that don't report? 

 

Thanks

Message 26 of 62
bourgogne
Valued Contributor

Re: US Bank Altitude Reserve approval odds


wrote:

Thank you for the clarification and great work on your score. The PIF comment was to state that I don't leave balances on my card but I don't have a set date I pay. If you suggest PIF the day after the statement cuts I can start making that a habit. 

 

I do travel a bit. Between sign up bonuses and minor spending I have about 200K Ultimate reward points and about 25K Southwest points left. I fly for fun about 8-12 times per year domestically. The CSR is a good card for me so far and I eat out a lot and travel a good amount throughout the year. I am currently 6/24 so the CIP isn't an option until about 6 more months. 

 

What lines are you referring to that don't report? 

 

Thanks


02-26-2016.  that is how long it took to get to 850.  totally serious.  I am not suggesting anything.  well maybe ha-ha.  to me its all risk based.  I pay after the cut because that is the lowest risk scenario.  I don't care about float.  I don't believe in balances, cash advances or balance transfers.  I use the amex bgr, biz blue and the ink cip and they don't report.  my main consumer cards are the freedom, unlimited and the csr. all the other cards are not used and are for padding or if something goes sideways with my banks as they are mostly cu cards.  ever go to europe?  nice you get to travel as much as you do.  you would call me a liar if I said how many mr/ur I have, been at this for a long time + if you find a card to align with your spend it can really be nice.  the cip had 20K referrals to 100K and the card itself has a 100K sub, that was 205K with the spend alone.  if you want a 100/10 biz plat I will turn you onto my amex biz guy but again I strongly recommend you stay where you are and freeze your reports.  I did.

Message 27 of 62
UpperNwGuy
Valued Contributor

Re: US Bank Altitude Reserve approval odds

My advice is to wait until your scores improve and hopefully see that collection drop off your report.  I think the bank will pay more attention to those two factors than to your checking account balance.

Daily Carry: PenFed Power Cash • NFCU Flagship • NFCU More Rewards • Chase Freedom
Sock Drawer: PenFed Promise • NFCU cashRewards • Chase Sapphire Preferred • Chase Freedom Unlimited • United Explorer • UNFCU Azure
Message 28 of 62
frank784
Contributor

Re: US Bank Altitude Reserve approval odds

I have no problem freezing my reports for the greater good. Part of me just wanted the Altitude for the free $750 in travel but like you said I would probably only get a small CL if I was approved. 

 

My CSR is my go to card for the 3x points and alot of other perks included. 

 

I haven't been to Europe yet but have plans at the end of 18/early 19 to head over seas. I do a lot of shorter domestic flights and SW seems to fit most of my needs for the area I live in. 

 

As far as raising my score, I will PIF as soon as the statement cuts and see how that goes. At this point I might just pay the collection(PFD) to get it off my account. I went through my reports last night and I do have some old student loan late payments from 2012. I am going to read a bit more and see how I can get those off. I would think that with some effort it wouldn't be crazy to get my scores of 700 in the next few months. 

 

Thanks. 

Message 29 of 62
bourgogne
Valued Contributor

Re: US Bank Altitude Reserve approval odds


wrote:

I have no problem freezing my reports for the greater good. Part of me just wanted the Altitude for the free $750 in travel but like you said I would probably only get a small CL if I was approved. 

 

My CSR is my go to card for the 3x points and alot of other perks included. 

 

I haven't been to Europe yet but have plans at the end of 18/early 19 to head over seas. I do a lot of shorter domestic flights and SW seems to fit most of my needs for the area I live in. 

 

As far as raising my score, I will PIF as soon as the statement cuts and see how that goes. At this point I might just pay the collection(PFD) to get it off my account. I went through my reports last night and I do have some old student loan late payments from 2012. I am going to read a bit more and see how I can get those off. I would think that with some effort it wouldn't be crazy to get my scores of 700 in the next few months. 

 

Thanks. 


@tell me about the collection, who was the primary, who is it with now, how old, amount, etc.  if this is the only issue then your car/home is holding down your scores.  don't know about student loans but were you late @ all or are they still they and reporting, paid or what is the status.  you need to get north of ~720 to get bigger limits.  I am committed to not applying for credit this year.  I had a long talk with myself, I don't need the credit, i have all the cards I want and I got most of the pts that I could.  no more cli's, just referrals pts.  I don't want any of my scores to reverse so its got to be this way.  come up with your own narrative or mantra that will support your goals.  when i write to you it helps support my goals and fights off any temptation, sort of strange but there you are.  freezing, not locking but a freeze will draw the line in the sand and fortify your promise to yourself.  ok, this is sounding a little too much tony robbins or lifespring but you get my point lol.  getting more cards is not the answer, filling out the app and getting a $30K-$45K starting limit is the answer.  trust me, if you want a rush nothing beats having that result show up on the screen.  less cards and higher limits.  forget apr because we pif.  the paying after the startment cuts is just me, its what I want to do.  I am sure you dont care or need the 1-2% float you are making for that 28 days so just pay the card and be done with it.  europe is great, I go 2-4x a year, I am into more trips and flying does not bother me so I to premium economy or try and get a deal on business.  check it out, you can get business for 100K vs the normal 135K.  very chatty, its the wine talking, good night!

 

Message 30 of 62
† Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.