Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USAA ROCKS..........

tag
knoxman
Established Member

USAA ROCKS..........

I recently went on an app spree that added 7 new accounts. The highest limit accounts were Best Buy and Barclays at 2k each. I did get a USAA visa with only a lowly 1k limit. The new accounts did dramatically reduce my utilization which resulted in a net 20 point gain in my EQ fico which as of today is 681. I logged into my USAA account and noticed I had an offer for the USAA rewards Amex @ 16.90 and 0% til may 2015. I thought what the heck, whats one more inquiry, right? Put down my phone and walked away while it processed. Came back and was pleasantly surprised to see it was approved. As i read the approval I nearly dropped my phone when I saw the $7000 credit limit. My current high non store card is a the new barclays apple card. USAA is AWESOME!
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
DigitalArk
Valued Contributor

Re: USAA ROCKS..........

Congrats! Guard it well, it will grow with you. Smiley Wink

Message 2 of 10
knoxman
Established Member

Thanks.... I can finally say good bye to my two cap 1 cards with AF. Off to the garden for a very long time.
Message 3 of 10
lhcole77
Valued Contributor

@knoxman wrote:
@I recently went on an app spree that added 7 new accounts. The highest limit accounts were Best Buy and Barclays at 2k each. I did get a USAA visa with only a lowly 1k limit. The new accounts did dramatically reduce my utilization which resulted in a net 20 point gain in my EQ fico which as of today is 681. I logged into my USAA account and noticed I had an offer for the USAA rewards Amex @ 16.90 and 0% til may 2015. I thought what the heck, whats one more inquiry, right? Put down my phone and walked away while it processed. Came back and was pleasantly surprised to see it was approved. As i read the approval I nearly dropped my phone when I saw the $7000 credit limit. My current high non store card is a the new barclays apple card. USAA is AWESOME!

YAY! Congrats. That is so awesome.

Are you a full or limited member?

Message 4 of 10
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

@knoxman wrote:
@I recently went on an app spree that added 7 new accounts. The highest limit accounts were Best Buy and Barclays at 2k each. I did get a USAA visa with only a lowly 1k limit. The new accounts did dramatically reduce my utilization which resulted in a net 20 point gain in my EQ fico which as of today is 681. I logged into my USAA account and noticed I had an offer for the USAA rewards Amex @ 16.90 and 0% til may 2015. I thought what the heck, whats one more inquiry, right? Put down my phone and walked away while it processed. Came back and was pleasantly surprised to see it was approved. As i read the approval I nearly dropped my phone when I saw the $7000 credit limit. My current high non store card is a the new barclays apple card. USAA is AWESOME!

I'm shocked.. they gave me a big fat NO the last time I applied with them.. Guess I think my credit is better than they do. Smiley Wink

But my inquiries are roughest on EQ.

CONGRATS!

Message 5 of 10
knoxman
Established Member

Full member. I have had my auto insurance with them fir about a year.
Message 6 of 10
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

@knoxman wrote:
Full member. I have had my auto insurance with them fir about a year.

Wonder if that factors in for them...??

Message 7 of 10
mgs2010
Regular Contributor

Congrats! I love USAA as well. I have 3 cards with them - they're my favorite next to Navy Federal.

Message 8 of 10
brindle26
Regular Contributor

How long does it take before a new card is reported by USAA?

Message 9 of 10
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Congrats! Thanks for sharing.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.