Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USAA SECURED CREDIT CARDS

tag
whodatnation2
Regular Contributor

USAA SECURED CREDIT CARDS

I was thinking of getting a couple more credit cards to give me a total of three. Does anyone have experience with their secured cards. I have a few questions.

1) Is it a hard pull...and if so from which bureaus

2) Can I get both the mastercard and the american express with just one inquiry?

Thanks in advance for the help

Starting Score: EQ 564, TU 560
Current Score: EQ 724, TU 770, EX 789
Goal Score: 740

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: USAA SECURED CREDIT CARDS

Supposedly good, but they don't graduate.

Hard pull, just like everything else.  Most likely EQ.

No clue on the second one, that'd be a question for a USAA CSR.

        
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@whodatnation2 wrote:

I was thinking of getting a couple more credit cards to give me a total of three. Does anyone have experience with their secured cards. I have a few questions.

1) Is it a hard pull...and if so from which bureaus

2) Can I get both the mastercard and the american express with just one inquiry?

Thanks in advance for the help

It will be a hard pull from Equifax.  Each card requires a separate application and, therefore, a separate hard pull.  The secured cards take a L-O-N-G time to process and it will be over a month before you'll ever receive anything.  You are allowed to add more money to your card and increase your credit limit as you go along without another hard pull.  That's a new feature they just started.  The money goes into a 2-year CD.  The cards do not graduate to unsecured.  I am told to keep checking under the "MY OFFERS" tab on the website to see if there is ever an offer for a credit card there.  When an offer for a credit card or a car loan is put in the "MY OFFERS" section, its pretty much a guaranteed sure thing, you WILL be approved.  So far, I have never seen anything offered to me in the MY OFFERS section.  I am a FULL member and have had my secured AMEX account since October of last year.  Also, the cards do not report to the credit bureaus as secured.

Hope this helps!

Message 3 of 4
whodatnation2
Regular Contributor

Thanks discernment.

Starting Score: EQ 564, TU 560
Current Score: EQ 724, TU 770, EX 789
Goal Score: 740

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.