Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USAlliance Credit Card

tag
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

USAlliance Credit Card

Will be 6% on groceries for 2023 (as we knew) but will be 2% on everything else rather than the 1% that it appeared from the web pages.   So that's good.  Not quite as good as keeping the 3% but...

It claims the 2% will revert to 1% in 2024 (and the 6% will go) but presumably since flat 1% cards aren't all that popular they will do something else.

Message 1 of 35
34 REPLIES 34
Kforce
Valued Contributor

Re: USAlliance Credit Card

Agree :

I believe they are in a one year at a time rewards mode...

Will miss the flat 3%, but take advantage of the 6% grocery.    Smiley LOL

Yes, 2% is better than 1% for general spend.

Got an eMail from them today saying the same.

Message 2 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

Reading the fine print in the email now.  Some things bother me, such as this date being wrong (I hope I'm right here, otherwise the very large purchase literally today I just made will only be 2% and not 3%?)

As of 12/23/2022, all eligible purchases on USALLIANCE Visa Signature Cards will earn one (1) bonus point per dollar above the standard base point until 12/31/2023, for a total of two (2) points per dollar.

Shouldn't this be "Effective 01/01/2023....?"  I just checked my rewards, and purchases I made 12/24 did get 3 total points.

Second obvious thing (I was told by a rep they didn't have limits on grocery spend when I signed up, but I could be wrong):

"..all eligible grocery store or supermarket transactions on USALLIANCE Visa Signature Cards will earn four (4) additional bonus points per dollar until 12/31/2023. Maximum number of points earned per eligible grocery transaction is six (6) per dollar. The four (4) bonus points promotion is limited to $2,000 spending at grocery stores per calendar month; after $2,000, cardholders earn one (1) base point and one (1) bonus point on all eligible purchases for the remainder of the calendar month.

So it's going from a 3% everything + 6% uncapped card to 2% + 6% grocery (no Sam's Club or Costco) capped at $2k per month.

Message 3 of 35
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Reading the fine print in the email now.  Some things bother me, such as this date being wrong (I hope I'm right here, otherwise the very large purchase literally today I just made will only be 2% and not 3%?)

As of 12/23/2022, all eligible purchases on USALLIANCE Visa Signature Cards will earn one (1) bonus point per dollar above the standard base point until 12/31/2023, for a total of two (2) points per dollar.

Shouldn't this be "Effective 01/01/2023....?"  I just checked my rewards, and purchases I made 12/24 did get 3 total points.

Second obvious thing (I was told by a rep they didn't have limits on grocery spend when I signed up, but I could be wrong):

"..all eligible grocery store or supermarket transactions on USALLIANCE Visa Signature Cards will earn four (4) additional bonus points per dollar until 12/31/2023. Maximum number of points earned per eligible grocery transaction is six (6) per dollar. The four (4) bonus points promotion is limited to $2,000 spending at grocery stores per calendar month; after $2,000, cardholders earn one (1) base point and one (1) bonus point on all eligible purchases for the remainder of the calendar month.

So it's going from a 3% everything + 6% uncapped card to 2% + 6% grocery (no Sam's Club or Costco) capped at $2k per month.

Yes, I assume the first date is wrong!  But the cap on groceries is all new.  I guess this is part of them reserving the right to change at any time etc.

$2K per month isn't terrible (BCP is the equivalent of $500 a month) but is very different from unlimited.  I was buying Amazon gift cards for the extra 1% and planning to buy lots of supermarket gift cards in Dec 2023.  Have to space that out a little better.

Message 4 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm on the phone with a very nice CSR from USALLIANCE right now.

She assures me the 3% is good until 12/31/2022. 

She assured me that any swipes done up to midnight 12/31/2022 will count as 3%, even if it clears on say, Jan 3rd.  They go by the "swipe date" and she conferred with her supervisor.

The 2k cap per month on groceries is new.  "People were abusing this" was mentioned.

Fingers crossed that Affinity FCU will continue their 7% on groceries & gas for 2023 QTR1, but alas, still have not heard anything.

Message 5 of 35
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@longtimelurker wrote:

Will be 6% on groceries for 2023 (as we knew) but will be 2% on everything else rather than the 1% that it appeared from the web pages.   So that's good.  Not quite as good as keeping the 3% but...

It claims the 2% will revert to 1% in 2024 (and the 6% will go) but presumably since flat 1% cards aren't all that popular they will do something else.

Right.

Still a decent product, though. Albeit, a year-to-year wait-and-see approach to determine whether it's a keeper or not given the alternatives.

Message 6 of 35
mfinsmi1
Established Contributor

Im so glad i waited , was only going to get this card if they kept it at 3% in 2023 but now that they plan to keep dropping it i have no use for this credit union. 

Personal Cards (Over $100k):

Business Cards:

Rebuilding Starting Scores - December 2021

FICO SCORE 8/9 - Current 1/6/23

Stats: : 3/6; 8/12; 17/24 --- AAoA 3 YRS, 8 MO --- INQ: EX-6/TU-7/EQ-2
Message 7 of 35
JamP
Valued Contributor

Moving all my bill spend to AOD now.

Need to find another 3% card.

Alliant 2% and now UsAlliance 2% (until they nerf it farther).

Kinda digging my 5% CustomCash glad I pcd my doublecash. Need to see if I can apply for another. 

Sad to see UsAlliance go but I killed their 3% for a couple years. 

250k+ CL and climbing.
Message 8 of 35
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

"People were abusing this" was mentioned.

Google Censoring More than 90% of Searches for Breitbart News | Texas ...

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 9 of 35
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@coldfusion wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

"People were abusing this" was mentioned.

Google Censoring More than 90% of Searches for Breitbart News | Texas ...

Right, I don't even know how you could abuse uncapped 6% at supermarkets!  Buy loads of apples maybe

Message 10 of 35
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.