Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade Freedom to CSR

tag
RehabbingANDBlabbing
Established Contributor

Upgrade Freedom to CSR

Hello all! I am trying to help my uncle with his Chase Freedom card. I think I it's been open about 10 months. The card came with a 15 month 0% offer. Anyway, he wants to upgrade it to the Sapphire Reserve. Is there any way to get a bonus offer by upgrading/product changing? Does he have to wait 12 months or 15 months before he can upgrade? Thanks!!!

2 REPLIES 2
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Upgrade Freedom to CSR

No promotional offers, at least none identified publicly,  for the product change.  He should still ask if one exists when he calls in.

He'd be eligible to request the upgrade after 12 months, if he has a current CL of at least $10K.

I would expect that any current balances carried at 0% would no longer have that 0% APR attached, but that would also be a question to ask before actually requesting the upgrade.

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 2 of 3
RehabbingANDBlabbing
Established Contributor

Re: Upgrade Freedom to CSR

@coldfusion wrote:

No promotional offers, at least none identified publicly,  for the product change.  He should still ask if one exists when he calls in.

He'd be eligible to request the upgrade after 12 months, if he has a current CL of at least $10K.

I would expect that any current balances carried at 0% would no longer have that 0% APR attached, but that would also be a question to ask before actually requesting the upgrade.

Thank you!

This card was a CSP that was downgraded so he is not eligible for the bonus on a new card. CSP didn't make sense for him, but CSR does. That's why he wants to upgrade. We will try at 12 months and see what they say.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.