Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade to Banana Rep LUXE question?

tag
texasman07
Established Contributor

Upgrade to Banana Rep LUXE question?

Hello, quick question.  I recently spent enough money to get upgraded to the LUXE card. 

1).  Do they send you a new carD?

2). does this better my chances to upgrade to the VISA?

I currently stand at 1800 CL

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Upgrade to Banana Rep LUXE question?

I would give it a month and then being calling if I didn't get new card yet!!! or online just request replacement once your account shows luxe... say damage to card or something... not lost!

and I don't see how having lux wouldnt help get visa... they are monitoring credit too considering they almost always up the line pretty nicely with swap... keep hitting the love every 4 months for higher limit and soon enough i bet!

Message 2 of 9
texasman07
Established Contributor

Great THANKS!!!

Message 3 of 9
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

Can you do the shopping cart trick with Banana Republic?

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 9
texasman07
Established Contributor

Whats the shopping cart trick?

Message 5 of 9
injustifiiable
Valued Contributor

@Duncanrr wrote:

Can you do the shopping cart trick with Banana Republic?

Nope...BR is a GE card...so it's probably easy to get anyway.

Scores 5/15/2016 (clean reports!): TU Walmart FICO: 696 | EQ FICO: 679 | EX AMEX FICO: 680

In my new wallet: American Express Green EMV: PSL $2000 | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard: $6400 | Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard: $1000 | Discover IT: $2500 | Amazon Rewards Visa Signature: $1500 | Chase Freedom: $1500 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $2100 | Target: $2800 | J.Crew $21,550 | Marvel (Captain America) MasterCard: $6000
Message 6 of 9
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

@texasman07 wrote:

Whats the shopping cart trick?

You put a couple items in your cart and go to checkout.  Enter in your information and before you click the pay button it may popup with SP  approval for CC product.  I think Victoria Secret and Restoration Hardware may do this.  There was a thread on here a little while ago about it.

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Message 7 of 9
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

I got the BR Visa upgrad about a year ago.
I only charged maybe $100-200 in the span of two years and pif mostly. Took two years of perfect history, fico of 670+, and a limit of $2000 to get upgraded. Carrying a big balance and neglecting your overal fico won't help. The whole picture has to be good from a credit risk standpoint to get the upgrade offer
Otoh, if you have an 1800 limit, you should be well on your way to an upgrade...
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 8 of 9
Sparkz1920
Frequent Contributor

I got the Old Navy with a limit if 1100 on it....only had 800 before I think and still got the Visa Upgrade

2 years...carried balances from time time, actually most of the time. Always paid on time

Starting Score: 601
Current Score: 670
Goal Score: 700

NFCU Rewards- 8K......AMEX Delta Skymiles-5k.....Citi AAdvantage AMEX-3.5K...WalMart Discover-4K....Old Navy Visa-2k...BOA-3000...AMEX Green-NPSL....Discover More-1K
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.