Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading Amex Green - Timeline?

tag
JoeRo
Valued Member

Re: Upgrading Amex Green - Timeline?

I would rather wait until January for the backdating. I'm considering either the delta gold or one of the blue products in January for the backdate of January 2012.
Message 11 of 14
affluenter
Valued Member

I got my first AMEX (Gold card)  in 11/12 via the pre-approval site.  After 2 weeks, I really wanted the PRG but didn't want a new CC number so I figured I would wait the 13 months.  

However, today I checked the CARDS tab through my account and they are offering me an upgrade to PRG or Platinium.

I actually reads, "Upgrade Your Membership."

I've averaged over $1500/mth for Nov & Dec, so maybe if you use your card a lot they will offer you the upgrade too. I'll plan on upgrading in a few days to take advantage of the backdating. Smiley Happy

Message 12 of 14
adavis425
Established Contributor

@westcoastpirate wrote:
I want to know the answer to this too. I was approved for the Green but haven't received the card or activated the account. I'm wondering if I call them prior to activating the card if I can upgrade to PRG since they both have $0 AF for the first year.

This is what I was thinking...it's definitely worth a phone call.

AmEx Platinum | AmEx BCP | AmEx Delta Gold | CSP | Chase Freedom | NFCU cashRewards Visa Sig | NFCU Plat MC | WM MC | Discover it | JCP

Message 13 of 14
scenery_guy
Established Contributor

@sofakinglive wrote:

I got my first AMEX (Gold card)  in 11/12 via the pre-approval site.  After 2 weeks, I really wanted the PRG but didn't want a new CC number so I figured I would wait the 13 months.  

However, today I checked the CARDS tab through my account and they are offering me an upgrade to PRG or Platinum.

I actually reads, "Upgrade Your Membership."

I've averaged over $1500/mth for Nov & Dec, so maybe if you use your card a lot they will offer you the upgrade too. I'll plan on upgrading in a few days to take advantage of the backdating. Smiley Happy

Yep, I apped for the Green via a mailer in 6/12 and was offered online during the app process if I wanted the Gold. I took it at that point. A week ago I got an email offering to upgrade to a Platinum card. I am assuming that I got that offer based on about 6 months of heavy spending. 

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.