Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Amex BCP Statement Credit

tag
sammyfire2001
Frequent Contributor

Using Amex BCP Statement Credit

I was just wondering if it's possible to apply the statement credit I get from my cashback on one of my other Amex cards?  Is that a thing?

As of Apr 2019: EX - 734; EQ - ??? TU - 748
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Re: Using Amex BCP Statement Credit

I don't believe that's a 'thing'
Message 2 of 6
sammyfire2001
Frequent Contributor

@Remedios wrote:
I don't believe that's a 'thing'

I didn't think so but I thought I would ask anyway!

As of Apr 2019: EX - 734; EQ - ??? TU - 748
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

From the conversation I had with a AMEX CSR they stated as long as its a Amex Card, not the hilton, or the SPG or anything they should be able to allow you to move points from one card to the other. As long as it is a AMEX Credit card not the Hilton or Delta.

Message 4 of 6
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

From the conversation I had with a AMEX CSR they stated as long as its a Amex Card, not the hilton, or the SPG or anything they should be able to allow you to move points from one card to the other. As long as it is a AMEX Credit card not the Hilton or Delta.

Move points between most Amex cards?    If that were true, I could move a reward dollar from say BCP to an MR card?   Then that would raise the question is it 1:1, and if so would make life hard for the EDP   (you can earn 4.5MR per grocery $, or 6 on the BCP, and if those 6 could become 6 MR...) so I doubt if this is true.

I took OPs question more can I use that say $25 statement credit on another card, which would be less problematic for Amex.   But I agree with Remedios, they almost certainly don't allow it.   I have two Reward $ accounts on different cards, no way to combine or redeem to each other.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Let’s be careful not to confuse MR points with cash back from BCE/BCP type cards.

MR points get an unfavorable ratio if used for statement credits.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.