Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using CC paying other CC??

tag
ezdoesit
Valued Contributor

Re: Using CC paying other CC??

@Anonymous wrote:

Have anyone els use their CC and paying of your other CC? I am curious about this.

Giving sample If one of my card have a higher limit and I want to use that card to pay my other card is this possible? Have anyone use it this way? Or is there any other way you guys pay your CC beside from your bank or debit card?

Also how does transfer work? I never understand the transfer thing.

Do you mind me asking why you trying to pay one credit card with another?  I understand you wanting to do this but you said only because one card has a higher limit than the other.  Most of the time when people do a BT it is transfer to a lower interest card.  You also have to take into account the 3% BT fee to see if it makes financial sense.

Message 11 of 13
JSS3
Valued Contributor

Cap1 offers no BT fee but you have to pay your regular APR monthly. The "no fee" defeats the purpose of saving when you're paying 19.99% on a balance.

Message 12 of 13
Ghoshida
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Have anyone els use their CC and paying of your other CC? I am curious about this.

Giving sample If one of my card have a higher limit and I want to use that card to pay my other card is this possible? Have anyone use it this way? Or is there any other way you guys pay your CC beside from your bank or debit card?

Also how does transfer work? I never understand the transfer thing.

Please note that doing a Balance Transfer will

1) Accrue interest on the card where you do the transfer to (funding card), unless you have a 0% BT offer

2) Incur a BT fee unless you have a 0% Fee offer. Typically 3-5% of the amount transferred

3) Not give you any more rewards on the funding card

4) Make all future purchases on this funding card subject to immediate interest from the date of purchase, unless you have a 0% purchase APR or you pay the entire BT balance in full by the immediate due date.

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.