Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VISA signature and world elite question

tag
percy81
Frequent Contributor

VISA signature and world elite question

Hey myficoers,

I applied for the Amazon rewards visa to take advantage of the $80.00 gift card upon approval promotion and was approved for the Amazon visa signature. My husband asked me why it said signature and I didn't have an answer for him.

We both also have the CITI world elite double cash.

What's the difference?

Do we get extra perks that we don't know about and aren't taking full advantage of?

I use Amazon A LOT reasons why I applied for the card but curious about the signature status...does it give Etta incentives for using the card because I LOVE Amazon for everything from Xmas shopping and birthdays; pretty much anything you can ever want to find is on their website.

I hope I placed this topic in the proper place of not I'm sorry moderators for giving you more work by having to move it somewhere else 😇

I really should know the answer to these questions considering how often I'm on this site in the last few years.

World elite and visa signature...what's up with you and how can I take advantage?? 😊

Thanks in advance.
Current: TU 772 EQ 765 EX 760 (GE credit pull)
Goal 800+
WHAT'S IN MY WALLET: American Express Blue Cash Preferred 34,000/ Citi Simplicity 16,600 / Discover IT 16,500/ Chase freedom 4,800/ Care credit 20,000/ R us MasterCard 7,500/ kohls 2,500/ LensCrafters 2,400 / Citi Double Cash 13,200/ Amazon Visa 7,000
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
percy81
Frequent Contributor

Re: VISA signature and world elite question

Sorry for typos. Etta = extra plus some more typos. iPhone auto corrector is not my friend.
Goal 800+
WHAT'S IN MY WALLET: American Express Blue Cash Preferred 34,000/ Citi Simplicity 16,600 / Discover IT 16,500/ Chase freedom 4,800/ Care credit 20,000/ R us MasterCard 7,500/ kohls 2,500/ LensCrafters 2,400 / Citi Double Cash 13,200/ Amazon Visa 7,000
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@percy81 wrote:
Hey myficoers,

I applied for the Amazon rewards visa to take advantage of the $80.00 gift card upon approval promotion and was approved for the Amazon visa signature. My husband asked me why it said signature and I didn't have an answer for him.

We both also have the CITI world elite double cash.

What's the difference?

Do we get extra perks that we don't know about and aren't taking full advantage of?

I use Amazon A LOT reasons why I applied for the card but curious about the signature status...does it give Etta incentives for using the card because I LOVE Amazon for everything from Xmas shopping and birthdays; pretty much anything you can ever want to find is on their website.

I hope I placed this topic in the proper place of not I'm sorry moderators for giving you more work by having to move it somewhere else 😇

I really should know the answer to these questions considering how often I'm on this site in the last few years.

World elite and visa signature...what's up with you and how can I take advantage?? 😊

Thanks in advance.

Your best bet to get info on these two types of cards and what they give you is straight from the horse's mouth:

https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/consumers/find-card-products/credit-cards/world-elite.html

https://usa.visa.com/pay-with-visa/cards/signature/visa-signature-offer-detail.categoryId.115.offerI...

https://apps.usa.visa.com/visasignature/benefits.jsp

Message 3 of 7
percy81
Frequent Contributor

Thank you Irish80 for going the Extra mile with your repo se by including links (there was a kudos in it for ya 😊).

So pretty much having the "perks" are not that great. I get roadside assistance with my car insurance and AAA membership and I'm not too into concierge services. I feel weird using valet parking unless parking spots are hard to find.

Thanks for the informative response. I love the myfico community.
Goal 800+
Message 4 of 7
percy81
Frequent Contributor

Repo se was suppose to be response. Typos
Goal 800+
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just curious, why did you get the Amazon Visa?

If you shop at Amazon a lot, you could've just got the Amazon Store Card which gives 5% cash back instead of the 3% the Amazon Visa gives on Amazon purchases.

Message 6 of 7
percy81
Frequent Contributor

Good question Monoglot,

My husband already has the Amazon store card and I wanted the visa so I could use the card everywhere and to take advantage of the $80.00 promotion because there was an expensive Christmas dress I wanted for my baby girl for her picture with Santa and having $80 deducted from the price sounded like a great deal.

In a way, I guess it was foolish considering I have the citi double cash card but I guess I let the $80.00 gift card pull the wool over my eyes with Xmas approaching and I'm trying to save money anyway I can.

Plus I have prime membership, it's just going to be a card that will get some good use from.
Goal 800+
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.