Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Viewing APR on Amex

tag
jcooks
Established Contributor

Viewing APR on Amex

Before I could view APR's on each of my cards when you click on the Balance Details and at the bottom in the popup would be a link saying View APR.  Now I only see that on certain cards.  Does anyone know any other way to view it?  I wanted to know when my 0% intro APR ends.  Ultimately, I asked chat and they gave me the answer.  They said that I shouldn't have access to view APR's since it's variable and can change at any moment.  I stated that I am able to view it on certain cards, but others show "Need to spend over your limit?".  I know Amex likes to hide things (ex given: your Fico score), but I would like to see this.  I've seen it before on this particular card so I know I did have access prior.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Re: Viewing APR on Amex

They are listed at the top of the cardholder agreement PDF and get updated when variable rates change.

Message 2 of 4
SoCalGardener
Valued Contributor

@jcooks wrote:

Before I could view APR's on each of my cards when you click on the Balance Details and at the bottom in the popup would be a link saying View APR.  Now I only see that on certain cards.  Does anyone know any other way to view it?  I wanted to know when my 0% intro APR ends.  Ultimately, I asked chat and they gave me the answer.  They said that I shouldn't have access to view APR's since it's variable and can change at any moment.  I stated that I am able to view it on certain cards, but others show "Need to spend over your limit?".  I know Amex likes to hide things (ex given: your Fico score), but I would like to see this.  I've seen it before on this particular card so I know I did have access prior.

Until reading your post, I'd never noticed that it disappears from certain cards! I just checked my two CCs, one of which has a balance and the other does not. The one with a balance has the 'view APR' link under 'balance details,' but the 0 balance one does not.

Don't despair, though! Go to the 'Statements & Activity' tab for the account you want, and use its 'Download Your Billing Statements' link--from there, pick a month and view your statement, the APR will be near the end. You can also use this method to backtrack and figure out when your 0% intro started.

Amazon Prime Store CardAmerican Express Blue Cash Preferred CardAmerican Express Everyday CardBank of America Customized Cash VisaCapitalOne Quicksilver MastercardCapitalOne Quicksilver VisaCapitalOne Walmart Rewards MastercardChevron Texaco CardCiti Double Cash MastercardDiscover More CardJCPenney Gold MastercardOverstock.com CardSportsmans Guide Rewards VisaSynchrony Home Card
Message 3 of 4
NRB525
Super Contributor

@SoCalGardener wrote:

@jcooks wrote:

Until reading your post, I'd never noticed that it disappears from certain cards! I just checked my two CCs, one of which has a balance and the other does not. The one with a balance has the 'view APR' link under 'balance details,' but the 0 balance one does not.

Don't despair, though! Go to the 'Statements & Activity' tab for the account you want, and use its 'Download Your Billing Statements' link--from there, pick a month and view your statement, the APR will be near the end. You can also use this method to backtrack and figure out when your 0% intro started.

This. The monthly statement should also indicate when any promotional APR tranches will end. 

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.