cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WELL FARSGO CC GOT DECLINED, IF I REAPPLY WILL THEY HARD PULL INQUIRY AGAIN?

tag
Crashem
Valued Contributor

Re: WELL FARSGO CC GOT DECLINED, IF I REAPPLY WILL THEY HARD PULL INQUIRY AGAIN?

Don't know how wf secured card works. Someone might want to chime in. If you can pc Wells Fargo secured to whichever wf card you want and higher cl, that is best route. Otherwise, I wonder if the wf secured card is hurting your application some how.
               LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 11 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: WELL FARSGO CC GOT DECLINED, IF I REAPPLY WILL THEY HARD PULL INQUIRY AGAIN?

Wells Fargo Credit Cards at best are not much. On top of it if they would not graduate you from the secured card after three years walk away. Been there and done that with them. They are almost as strange as Cap1. Don't waste the inquiry. There are so many better cards out there. It used to be WF graduated a secured card after a year and the fact they did not there is something they don't like. Not worth the time! As to the hard inquiry, they will put one out there.

Message 12 of 23
enharu
Super Contributor

Call back door and talk to an analyst. They will tell you whether a new HP is required. Generally WF have been better than other banks about letting people know if a HP is required. If they say no, but end up doing a hard inquiry, most of the time they are willing to correct that mistake as well.
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 13 of 23
bigbang91
Established Contributor

The weird thing is i have checking, saving, and secured credit account with WF, yet i got declined. While with BOA i don't have any banking history with them whatsoever and they approved me pretty quick. Smiley Mad

CURRENT :CHASE 5500$,BOA 1800$, AMEX 2000$, WF 300$

Message 14 of 23
enharu
Super Contributor

Banking relationships only help if you have a sizable deposit with them, and even if you do, it can only help so much. Banks will still stick to their underwriting standards most of the time, and not overlook major derogs on file.
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 15 of 23
sccredit
Valued Contributor

It sounds like you should call and offer to provide them with proof of income

Message 16 of 23
bigbang91
Established Contributor

Yeah but afraid Wf will HP me again, it's not worth it. So, I'm gonna apply for AMEX instead, their BC card sounds great 

Message 17 of 23
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

Dont apply for the Platinum Card its not worth it at all, Rewards and Cash Back are the decent ones and Signature. Like Lexie said stick with the ones you have now and get even better cards than WF within a period of time of having your current cards.

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 18 of 23
bigbang91
Established Contributor

Yup i applied for amexBC, 0% intro apr on balance transfer, im gonna help my sister with some of her credit card debts if i get approved Smiley Happy

Message 19 of 23
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

Hey! thats great that your gonna help your sister thumbs up for you!

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 20 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.