Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WHEN TO DO CITI COSTCO CLI

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

WHEN TO DO CITI COSTCO CLI

Hey all, so i opened my citi costco card on august 4th 2017, with a 4,000 sl. By my counting i am at 180 days today unless i am counting wrong? Is it better to wait until 181 or should i try today for a cli?? I do have the soft pull verbiage on my account. I tried twice since having this card before i knew about the 180/181 wait for citi. Was denied both times for too many inquiries. equifax has 17, alot falling off this year. Is citi a stickler for their 6 month policy? Meaning do i have to wait the exact amount of days before getting a cli, my husband recieved a small cli on his diamond card at 168 days. Thanks!

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: WHEN TO DO CITI COSTCO CLI

Keep in mind that the timeframe you mentioned is an approximate period to determine when a (SP) CLI can occur (it can be earlier than 180 days or longer... YEMV).

You could potentially wait until 2/4 for good measure, but you can always check online to see whether the SP language displays. Of noteworthy, even if the account qualifies for the SP review, CLI is not guaranteed.
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

wrote:
Keep in mind that the timeframe you mentioned is an approximate period to determine when a (SP) CLI can occur (it can be earlier than 180 days or longer... YEMV).

You could potentially wait until 2/4 for good measure, but you can always check online to see whether the SP language displays. Of noteworthy, even if the account qualifies for the SP review, CLI is not guaranteed.

Thank you for your reply, i'll hold off a few more days to see if that will help, my statement cuts on the 19th, so if it doesn't work in a few days i'll possibly try after that as well.

Message 3 of 7
jlitnns
Established Contributor

@Anonymouswrote:

wrote:

Thank you for your reply, i'll hold off a few more days to see if that will help, my statement cuts on the 19th, so if it doesn't work in a few days i'll possibly try after that as well.

Any update on this? I'm thinking of just app'ing for the card. Wondering if I should do it now and potentiall get a lower limit and increase through CLI's in the future or wait until June which is my original plan and should have 710-720 scores. I'm pre-qualed for Citi DC and Costco.

Thanks in advance.

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jlitnnswrote:

@Anonymouswrote:

wrote:

Any update on this? I'm thinking of just app'ing for the card. Wondering if I should do it now and potentiall get a lower limit and increase through CLI's in the future or wait until June which is my original plan and should have 710-720 scores. I'm pre-qualed for Citi DC and Costco.

Thanks in advance.

Hello!! So i decided to wait until my 6th statement cut before asking for an increase, which was on february 19th. So when i logged in to my acocunt on the 21st instead of having the soft pull language( "its easy to find out if you qualifty for a credit line increase and a credit pull will NOT be made") it said that by clicking "continue" you agree that we may pull your credit etc. Not sure why it changed. So i have decided to hold off until it changes back to not pulling my credit ! Frustrating, i should have asked when it was going to be a soft pull! I love my costco card. Let me know what you end up doing, sorry for the delay in response , internet was down for a few days !

Message 5 of 7
irunfromcredit
Frequent Contributor

I opened my Costco card around the same time as you. I asked for my CLI right at 180 days from opening the account and got the SP increase. My 6th statement closed on the 16th... hopefully you will get that SP language soon again. Good luck!
Scores 8/25/2017~ TU: 753 / EXP: 742 / EQ: 726
Goal: 770's or higher by end of 2017
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@irunfromcreditwrote:
I opened my Costco card around the same time as you. I asked for my CLI right at 180 days from opening the account and got the SP increase. My 6th statement closed on the 16th... hopefully you will get that SP language soon again. Good luck!

Thank you!! i have had the sp language the ENTIRE time i have had the card and then bam it changed!!! i will update this if it ever changes back. Thank you!!

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.