cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart Amex Bluebird is Here Now!!!!

tag
lithium78
Established Contributor

Re: Walmart Amex Bluebird is Here Now!!!!

Big issue for this card: It is served by the AMEX network, which limits where you can use it.  If it was a Visa or MC, there would be a lot more options for its use by shoppers.

Starting Score: TU: 566
Current Score: TU: 741 (Discover FICO); EQ: 755 (MyFico) EX: 774 (FAKO)
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 21 of 32
JonStur
Established Contributor

The sub-accounts are a nice feature...

Starting Score: TU 595 EX 600 EQ 585
Current Score: TU 820 EX 825 EQ 812
Goal Score: 800 Club (Mission Accomplished)

Amex Platinum, Amex BCP $17.5K, 5/3 Sig $10K, Capital One Quicksilver 15K, Walmart 10K, US Bank Cash+ 15K, Sam's Club 10K, Chase Freedom $6K, Discover More $15K, Chase United Club MileagePlus $33K, Costco $6K, CapOne Quicksilver One $7K, Cap One Quicksilver $5K, Amazon $3K, Barclays $12.5K, Home Depot $7.5K, AppleCard $6K
Message 22 of 32
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

The sub account feature caught my eye, since I can give my kiddo, and DW their allowances for the month...lol.

I just signed on for this, and am going to use it as a "vacation" account. A forced savings/ out of sight, out of mind.

Not fond of that $2 ATM pull fee, if you're not enrolled into direct deposit though. Other than that, it's just straight forward.

I'll add more to this post down the road. Going to start with a 2% drop per week.

Beats the hell out of adding others as AU's onto my accounts.

Message 23 of 32
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

No card in mail yet. Can't link mint app with this account. Verification took a while, as far as getting the ACH's from amex.
Message 24 of 32
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

Ok. Got the card. Deposits take five days on the nose to clear.

This card/account is not ADP friendly. My HR dept did not like the generic print up that the DD info is posted to, and questioned it's validity...

Message 25 of 32
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

Latest info:

Mint.com is finally in beta testing to link up with Amex BB, for those that are OCD with keeping an eye on every account.

Message 26 of 32
distantarray
Established Contributor

Bluebird can be best thing since sliced bread for some people Smiley Wink but it's ok if you guys don't understand =)

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 27 of 32
Kate8196
New Visitor

Does anyone have a Bluebird card from Walmart?
Message 28 of 32
Ron1
Super Contributor

Yes, I had the card. I didn't like their customer service. I think Serve is better.

Ron.
Message 29 of 32
dtjones052209
Regular Contributor

@Ron1 wrote:
Yes, I had the card. I didn't like their customer service. I think Serve is better.

Ron.

Ron i would have to agree also, The serve allows me to use my cell to pay for things at the store utilizing the iris app and for extra security changes my card security numbers so that i don't have to worry about another target like breach..

Message 30 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.